• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curious to see what this modern age is called when it's not the modern age anymo

55 posts in this topic

How about we just call 'em "the 2000's"...?

Cause, in 2094, our great, great grandkids are not going to have any patience with 20-25 silly metallic name periods lasting 5 years or so...

...if comic books...nay, the world...still exists by then...

I've already sent Bob Overstreet a certified letter pronuncing this as "The Donkey Punch Age." Only twenty years and then it's all locked up.

"pronuncing"...?

Where did you graduate college, here ?

grammar-police.jpg

Here's what I think.

Copper Age (1980ish-1992) - Just a bunch of random stories introduction of several small characters (many of which never made it because they're all rip-offs) aka Beta Ray Bill, Dazzler) and a few significant ones (War Machine, Deadpool)

Chromium Age (1993-2000) - Gimmicks

I never understood why people continue to ignore Spider-man #1, the BIGGEST gimmick/multiple covers/retailer variants event ever, and move the date to some insane 1993 level, which ignores ALL of the main gimmicks/variant covers from 1990-92. Not to mention the Valiant Universe started in 1990.

1993-95 was the endgame fallout of that fad.

i dunno what bob overstreet says, but modern needs to move back to 1989 or 1990 or so.

That senile old crackhead has allowed dealers to move the BA into 1985, and the SA into 1973, so I think his opinion is pretty much inconsequential. :roflmao:

i dunno what bob overstreet says, but modern needs to move back to 1989 or 1990 or so.

That senile old crackhead has allowed dealers to move the BA into 1985, and the SA into 1973, so I think his opinion is pretty much inconsequential. :roflmao:

I can't fathom the Silver Age going past Conan. doh!

I can't fathom the Silver Age going past Conan. doh!

Trust me, you don't want me to start listing the BA characters who debuted from 1970-73, that OS and their dealer coalition have tried to shoehorn into SA. doh!

How about we just call 'em "the 2000's"...?

Cause, in 2094, our great, great grandkids are not going to have any patience with 20-25 silly metallic name periods lasting 5 years or so...

...if comic books...nay, the world...still exists by then...

I am beginning to lean to that way of thinking now, especially from the 1970`s and up

just call the 1970`s the 70`s, the 1980`s the 80`s,1990`s the 90`s and so on. 2c

I've already sent Bob Overstreet a certified letter pronuncing this as "The Donkey Punch Age." Only twenty years and then it's all locked up.

"pronuncing"...?

Where did you graduate college, here ?

grammar-police.jpg

Leave it to ol' JC to not get the joke.....