• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brave and Bold 34 Cover

97 posts in this topic

well not necessarily. mitch said certain things based on it being straight from the consignor's mouth. rich said certain things based on his personal experience. All it would take is forgetfulness either accidentally or on purpose on the consignor's part for neither rich nor mitch to be lying.

Consignor must have a terrible memory

So? Wouldn't exactly be the first seller to stretch the truth a little. It comes across like you're just going to attack mitch for breathing. Take it to pm's if there's an issue 2c

well not necessarily. mitch said certain things based on it being straight from the consignor's mouth. rich said certain things based on his personal experience. All it would take is forgetfulness either accidentally or on purpose on the consignor's part for neither rich nor mitch to be lying.

Consignor must have a terrible memory

So? Wouldn't exactly be the first seller to stretch the truth a little. It comes across like you're just going to attack mitch for breathing. Take it to pm's if there's an issue 2c

Where have I attacked him? I asked simple questions, he's the one that's all defensive, not me.

Evidently, this guy has a problem with me that I don't know about.

Every chance he gets, he bashes me.

If it comes from garbage, it means garbage.

MI

Who's bashing you? The OP posts an article about a cover for sale that starts a discussion. You come on here trying to be a hotshot with this big back story, you get called out by another poster for not having your info straight (you're entire story is wrong). Sorry but if you're not going to mess get off the pot.

This thread truly reveals the dark side of this OA hobby

I guess when prices start to get this high - animosity and gamesmenship brew

We don't get this negative energy in the CGC comic collecting section - or at least as personal and nasty

There's a dark side to every hobby, and actually to life in general! Just because two people are having a disagreement, and choose to do it publically, doesn't mean it has ANYTHING to do with the OA hobby. It doesn't.

Just because two people are having a disagreement, and choose to do it publically, doesn't mean it has ANYTHING to do with the OA hobby.

Rich and Mitch both have tempers that flash occasionally on this board. Then we have the various unnamed people who make snide remarks to stir stuff up then act like they said nothing wrong. Amazing how often this cycle repeats itself whenever the topic is value.

Where have I attacked him? I asked simple questions, he's the one that's all defensive, not me.

Pirate.. I'm not here to get in between you and Mitch who seem to have something between you.. that's your business and for the record "nobody owned Mitch".

I have always and still do count him as a friend.. we just had a little spat, as friends do from time to time. But he and I are both adults whch is why vitriol is not a part of our disagreements. Vitriol however does seem to be present between the two of you as is evident from your posts.

We don't get this negative energy in the CGC comic collecting section - or at least as personal and nasty

Wow you have missed a lot of threads with FDQE.

There's a dark side to every hobby, and actually to life in general! Just because two people are having a disagreement, and choose to do it publically, doesn't mean it has ANYTHING to do with the OA hobby. It doesn't.

people have disagreements all the time.. on the boards, on the street and in the home. It has nothing at all to do with the hobby per se. It has to do with life, and the fact that sometimes people who often see eye-to-eye sometimes do not.

If Mitch's consignor chooses to say he never offered the piece before, that's a crock. If he means he never offered it in 1989 specifically, that may be true..It may have been 1990, which would mean the consignor should be saying "nope, not 1989, but yes 1990" rather than obfuscate the truth and that may be the case.

If the consignor wants to make it seem as if the piece is "fresh to the market", well the reality is that it's fresh to those who were not collecting silver age DC art before 10 years ago, but not fresh to those did collect before 2001. But it's foolishness. It's a great piece for which the market may finally be ready to absorb his price and that's all that's important. I hope it sells and finds a another long-term home.

the cgc comic collecting area is worse in my mind. i have a feeling many continue to

post in this area because it is somewhat sane.

i have seen new members dumped on with such hate and vitriolic criticism that it would

make a sailor blush. it is always the same group of people too.

but hey... comic book collectors were always stereotyped as being "odd" and i tend to

think that is true. 30-40 years old buying most new comics that are about as artistic as what

can be viewed through a toilet seat with stories that are as compelling as a sponge bob

episode. anyone who tries to be a bit different then the crowd is obviously a target in that

area.

the cgc comic collecting area is worse in my mind. i have a feeling many continue to

post in this area because it is somewhat sane.

i have seen new members dumped on with such hate and vitriolic criticism that it would

make a sailor blush. it is always the same group of people too.

but hey... comic book collectors were always stereotyped as being "odd" and i tend to

think that is true. 30-40 years old buying most new comics that are about as artistic as what

can be viewed through a toilet seat with stories that are as compelling as a sponge bob

episode. anyone who tries to be a bit different then the crowd is obviously a target in that

area.

way worse - comics are a fetid cesspool as gene put it... pressing and cracking and resubbing and deleting pedigree marks and all that other bullspoon that goes on? And you call it one big happy family? :slapfight:

....most new comics that are about as artistic as what

can be viewed through a toilet seat with stories that are as compelling as a sponge bob episode.

holy schmoley.. there actually IS someone out there who thinks the same about new comics as I do!!!

:roflmao:

Yeah, that was my thought when I read it. For the most part, the OA hobby is a haven for those who got fed-up with the comic book side of things. It's not all peaches on this side, but it certainly overall has far more positive energy, at least that's been my experience.

Yes, when prices go up it sometimes brings out the worst in people, but again that's not unique to this hobby.

episode.

What's wrong with Spongebob?