• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Golden Age collection/SD Convention

2 posts in this topic

Greetings!

I know a bunch of you are headed here for the San Diego Comic Con so I thought I’d use this forum to make my announcement. My store, Southern California Comics, has a booth at each year’s show. This year we are honored to feature a broad selection of consignment Golden Age books.

The consigner and I have reached an agreement to sell some of his books at our booth. The books consist of roughly 800 GA books from 1938 to the late 1940s. There’s a huge selection of Timelys and DCs with many key books. Scans of 3 of the books are attached here.

engleman1.jpg

engleman2.jpg

engleman3.jpg

The books belonged to the consigner’s father and were purchased in the 1940s and 50s. The owner bought, traded and sold copies with his friends in Northern California. The books are essentially original owner books with no likelihood of restoration beyond some tape. The owner is still alive and can back up any provenance regarding the timeline of acquisition.

The consigner submitted a few dozen copies to CGC and PGX. All the books came back un-restored with the average grades returning as 6.0 Universal.

The consignor says the following books will be offered for sale(amongst others): More Fun Comics 52, 53 and most of the issued through #80. All-Select 1 on, Captain America 2 on, Detective 36 on, Action #3 on(including the #7) and much more.

Hopefully the scans of the sample 3 books are present on this thread. They are Sub-Mariner #1 CGC 6.0. Captain America 19 CGC 6.0 and Action Comics 36 CGC 6.0. There are a lot Timelys and DCs, along with other companies. We are all pretty excited and expect to receive a lot of attention over these books at the Con.

Also,

We will have the new edition of the Overstreet Price Guide for sale at the show by Wednesday. Our store is here in town so we have the luxury of receiving our Price Guides that week. Come by and take advantage!

Jamie