• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tampa Bay Comic Con!

65 posts in this topic

The show had a good turn out. I was busy all day and barely got out from behind my table at all. At the very end of the day I picked a few $5 books from Earl's boxes. Some how decent copies of Iron Man #118 & #128, and a NM+ first print of Killing Joke were still in there.

Sales were great all around for me. I did really well with some discounted lower grade Golden Age from a small collection I acquired a couple of months ago. Everything from odd ball Four Colors to some early 50's Superman books were selling from there.

VF range Silver and Bronze did well out of the boxes today. Avengers and Journey into Mystery did the best. Go figure? Couldn't be because of movie excitement.

I bring a limited amount of $1 books, but sold enough of those to pay for all of my tables. I do try to keep what would be considered "quality" dollar books and alphabetize them, so that helps.

Most notable sales were a VG Speed #35, VG copies of chilling Tales #14, #15, three VF copies of Justice (Atlas) from the Davis Crippen collection, and a VF- copy of Superman #199. The only slab that sold today was a Superman #428 in 9.8 White.

No big sales of high end Golden Age, Silver Age or Slabs today... but a show like that is a good thing. It's much better to sell a high volume of books that I'll never miss, then sell off the better books that I'm more then likely making less margin on anyway, and don't mind keeping.

The next show on November 7th will be the first "new owners" show. Myself, Tupenny Conan, and King of Rulers have taken over the reigns, incase some of you didn't know. We'd like to thank Tim Gordon for all of his hard work over the last ten years. It has been a great regional show with little to no disappointment. We certainly hope, and will be doing our best, to continue with that.

For all of the past and future attendees out there, we will be working hard to bring in talented and quality guests, as well as quality dealers.

For all of the past and future exhibitors out there, we have a lot of exciting things planned that will hopefully and significantly raise the attendance levels to all time highs.

Look forward to seeing many of you there in the future.

The best part about seeing & chatting with Jive & Glen today was getting to see & chat with their wives.

The funny thing was, she didn't find you all that funny. :makepoint:

Wanna buy some nice Star Comics? :foryou:

I'll buy anything the mofo's are sellin! :)

The show had a good turn out. I was busy all day and barely got out from behind my table at all. At the very end of the day I picked a few $5 books from Earl's boxes. Some how decent copies of Iron Man #118 & #128, and a NM+ first print of Killing Joke were still in there.

Sales were great all around for me. I did really well with some discounted lower grade Golden Age from a small collection I acquired a couple of months ago. Everything from odd ball Four Colors to some early 50's Superman books were selling from there.

VF range Silver and Bronze did well out of the boxes today. Avengers and Journey into Mystery did the best. Go figure? Couldn't be because of movie excitement.

I bring a limited amount of $1 books, but sold enough of those to pay for all of my tables. I do try to keep what would be considered "quality" dollar books and alphabetize them, so that helps.

Most notable sales were a VG Speed #35, VG copies of chilling Tales #14, #15, three VF copies of Justice (Atlas) from the Davis Crippen collection, and a VF- copy of Superman #199. The only slab that sold today was a Superman #428 in 9.8 White.

No big sales of high end Golden Age, Silver Age or Slabs today... but a show like that is a good thing. It's much better to sell a high volume of books that I'll never miss, then sell off the better books that I'm more then likely making less margin on anyway, and don't mind keeping.

The next show on November 7th will be the first "new owners" show. Myself, Tupenny Conan, and King of Rulers have taken over the reigns, incase some of you didn't know. We'd like to thank Tim Gordon for all of his hard work over the last ten years. It has been a great regional show with little to no disappointment. We certainly hope, and will be doing our best, to continue with that.

For all of the past and future attendees out there, we will be working hard to bring in talented and quality guests, as well as quality dealers.

For all of the past and future exhibitors out there, we have a lot of exciting things planned that will hopefully and significantly raise the attendance levels to all time highs.

Great news Mike.......congrats to you and Stephen and Bill.

Running a show is a lot of work.........but tons of fun.

Might have to try and make it down next year.

Talked to Earl last night and he said he had a great time at the show.

Great news Mike.......congrats to you and Stephen and Bill.

Running a show is a lot of work.........but tons of fun.

Might have to try and make it down next year.

Talked to Earl last night and he said he had a great time at the show.

I don't see why Tampa couldn't be a great regional show. People can actually build a little weekend getaway around staying in this area....there is plenty to do and see with the wife and/or family, and you can geek out for a Sunday with your comic pals too. I'm also confident that the new leadership will keep their sights set firmly on the Comic part of the convention, instead of diluting it with animae and other things.

I'm hoping that in the next 2-3 years, we see the Tampa show expand to become one of those regional shows that attracts buyers from all over the state and some other areas of the South....an assembly of quality dealers, artists, and promotions that would actually make someone in Louisianna, the Panhandle, or Georgia consider the 5 hour drive down here for the event. :wishluck: