• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gene Colan OA. Ideas on FMV?

10 posts in this topic

Looks like a nice opportunity to get a Gene Colan page with nice action and a pretty lady on it for a lot less than it would cost if the guy on the page was in super hero tights.

Regardless of content, it's still a nice Colan page. There's a lot worse out there selling for a lot more than $250-300.

Gotta be 2 bills, maybe more,...anything less is a steal for a master artist.

I would actually put it even lower, $100 or less

he asked FMV, not what YOU would offer for it! :baiting:

:gossip: actually I would pass at $100. Just not an exciting page per my collecting goals. I have seen pages I consider nicer. There are several Tomb of Dracula pages on eBay right now with a starting bid of $79.99 and no reserve I would rather have.

I would actually put it even lower, $100 or less

he asked FMV, not what YOU would offer for it! :baiting:

:gossip: actually I would pass at $100. Just not an exciting page per my collecting goals. I have seen pages I consider nicer. There are several Tomb of Dracula pages on eBay right now with a starting bid of $79.99 and no reserve I would rather have.

I know there were some covers and interiors that were lightbox inked and not directly inked over Colan pencils. That might explain part of it.

The light boxed covers I was looking at were less than 1/2 the cost of a cover actually penciled by Colan.