• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christopher Nolan's Inception

79 posts in this topic

It was a great movie, easily the best of the year. Very tight story telling, and everything just went together well. I didn't notice any plot holes, but I might have to see it a few more times in order to catch any. The film is smart, but don't let that distract you from the underlying humor in it.

However this movie suffers from every other Nolan film, in that it is too long. I thought I was gonna explode by the time the credits came on.

A bad movie is too long,a good movie is too short.

I dunno...Apocalypse Now: Heart of Darkness Cut was insanely too long but it's an amazing film.

As a general rule though, I agree. 99% of the time it's right.

It was a great movie, easily the best of the year. Very tight story telling, and everything just went together well. I didn't notice any plot holes, but I might have to see it a few more times in order to catch any. The film is smart, but don't let that distract you from the underlying humor in it.

However this movie suffers from every other Nolan film, in that it is too long. I thought I was gonna explode by the time the credits came on.

Not really. The Dark Knight was also too long.

I dunno...Apocalypse Now: Heart of Darkness Cut was insanely too long but it's an amazing film.

As a general rule though, I agree. 99% of the time it's right.

Agreed!

Hope to slip and see it soon. Christopher Nolan :headbang:

Any word on if he's going back on Batman? I haven't heard anything.

His brother has been writing the screenplay for months, and they've already set a release date for summer 2012 with Chris Nolan as director. He made a statement that made it sound like it will be his last Batman, saying something like he had a great idea for a third film that completed the story arc he started in Begins that he felt wasn't wrapped up in The Dark Knight.

Lazarus Pit + plot by Ra's to kill 2/3 of the population of the earth = :cloud9:

No Riddler, Mr. Freeze or Catwoman necessary.

Ghul to me is the Detective's greatest foe. Joker won because he's been around longer and more people know about him. That said I'm not sure they nailed the personality well in the first film.

I felt like the flick was starting to get slow right around the halfway point. But(spoilers ahead)

as soon as they got into the dream level that had the homage to ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, the movie never let up. When the movie ended, I had no idea what time it was or how long the film was. I didn't look at my watch once. Truly great filmmaking, I can't wait to see this one again.

Not really. The Dark Knight was also too long.

That could have used a bit more strict editing...I agree.

Hope to slip and see it soon. Christopher Nolan :headbang:

Any word on if he's going back on Batman? I haven't heard anything.

His brother has been writing the screenplay for months, and they've already set a release date for summer 2012 with Chris Nolan as director. He made a statement that made it sound like it will be his last Batman, saying something like he had a great idea for a third film that completed the story arc he started in Begins that he felt wasn't wrapped up in The Dark Knight.

Lazarus Pit + plot by Ra's to kill 2/3 of the population of the earth = :cloud9:

No Riddler, Mr. Freeze or Catwoman necessary.

Ghul to me is the Detective's greatest foe. Joker won because he's been around longer and more people know about him. That said I'm not sure they nailed the personality well in the first film.

Ghul always reminded me of a cross between Dracula and Blofeld.

I felt like the flick was starting to get slow right around the halfway point. But(spoilers ahead)

as soon as they got into the dream level that had the homage to ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, the movie never let up. When the movie ended, I had no idea what time it was or how long the film was. I didn't look at my watch once. Truly great filmmaking, I can't wait to see this one again.

Isn't it amazing the type of actor that Leo has grown up to be? I had my doubts for a while but he's got the gift.

Isn't it amazing the type of actor that Leo has grown up to be? I had my doubts for a while but he's got the gift.

:thumbsup:

I totally agree. I told Pat after the movie "Can you believe he once was a teeny bopper type?" Crazy man!

:applause:

Saw it last night. Thought it was a great popcorn flick for adults. Liked (and argued) about the ending.

Woke up this morning, now see at least three diff. interpretations of the ending and want to see it again.

Just got back from seeing Inception with my wife and a few friends. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and we are STILL discussing exactly what happened. This is hands down and easily the movie of the year. I'll go ahead and say this is top five movies I've seen in the last 10 years. Simply brilliant and very thought provoking. We are definitely going to see it again so we can try and catch things we know we missed.

Just got back from seeing Inception with my wife and a few friends. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and we are STILL discussing exactly what happened. This is hands down and easily the movie of the year. I'll go ahead and say this is top five movies I've seen in the last 10 years. Simply brilliant and very thought provoking. We are definitely going to see it again so we can try and catch things we know we missed.

Yep gotta agree -great film.A must see.

This was a movie that one could have a love/hate relationship with.

It was refreshing blend of Mulholland Drive with Memento type of set-up that is going to bake

your noodle. I feel like I watched the whole 6 season series of Lost in 2 1/2 hours.

There were some blatant puzzlers (that I thought were holes) to the movie that I was hoping to discuss.

SPOILER ALERTS!

Once that Leonardo got back from all the levels was he really back?

Was he alive? Was this a dream of the Asian man? Was this a set-up level that felt good for him to rest with his kids?

The reason why I ask this is - his kids when he got "home"

were not only in the same position that he remembered back to him and turning around

to finally revealing their faces, BUT if anyone knows anything about kids

they change very quickly at that age. I mean they would at least appear to be a little

older right. I mean when he took these dream missions along with this final

mission one would think that at least 6 months to a year would pass right???

Also what was his wife's special secret???

Finally when they were in "limbo" supposedly they lived out there lives

until they were old and grey yet when they committed suicide to get out of limbo

they were in their youth years?

If anyone could shed some light on any of these I would like to know.

hm

My personal thoughts were that I thought it mixed banter about dreams with traditional action

sequences resulting in strange but not weird enough hybrid. Original but odd. The snow battle

seem too James Bondish, and if I rent this flick again I FF through that part. This film was one

of the very few I think I am more of a critic for the choices they made not to do. Being in a

dream state they could of went hog wild with nutty stuff happening all over the place, but

explosions and multiple henchmen attacks were the norm here. I can understand this being the

dreamworld of not only a powerful man and a man that has dream guards, but I was expecting

something more bizarre than the action hero stuff and the CGI architecture effects.

Oh yeah the very end with the top was CLASSIC,

it was like watching a PGA golf game and the TV going out before

the ball on the cusp of the hole went in...

The whole theatre went AWWWWWWWWWWWWE!!!!!!!

lol

Bad idea on discussing the spoilers. doh!

NOT a bad idea if they are "hidden" like mine.

I just want to discuss, and those comments can be hidden as well...

Simply, if you don't want to have the movie spoiled then don't read what I have hidden.

I just want to discuss the movie with people here and if I would've

started a new "discuss this movie thread" I am sure I would've gotten

grief for that for starting multiple threads on this one movie topic.

:screwy: