• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panelology

103 posts in this topic

...as it shows Ann, coming off a swim and is the closest to nudity I've seen in a Jungle comics.

Yeah, that was a spectacular panel. I saved it to post elsewhere. It's a fine example of GGA in the comics. I need to brush up on my Larsen, and because of insightful posts like you've made, it allows others, like me, to expand my knowledge and depth of field ever broader. There really was a large enough talent pool in the GA,to offset 'the deridingly mediocre ones.

Reading Jungle 71 tonight. The Kaänga story is drawn (signed) by Howard Larsen and as much as people deride GA art, Larsen pulled out all the stops in this one in particular in his depiction of wildlife as you'll see in the following three panels.

The other panels show the amount of details and care that went into the art and they deserve to be blown up for better appreciation -

It is very painstaking work to put that detail into a story. The story's setting is vital in selling it's believability. If artists cut corners like the deriding masses, then the entire story suffers, because the reader won't get into and buy the storyline.

On the first of Scrooge's panels, I've re-posted below, I really appreciate the detail put into even the smallest of panels. In this case, a lush and tropical Pacific Island. The boat leads our attention into the panel, while the frail overhead bridge leads our vision out.

The second example, I've removed the color and bad registration so we can appreciate the pleasing inked line art, and admire the tropical wildlife and vegetation.

When you mix in beautiful bathing babes into the mix, then I'm riveted to a story. That usually makes Fiction House a good mature read.

Good Girl Art Forum

GGA FORUM: http://www.SpankingPanels.com/forum/

102832.jpg.01291c8e4e12619dd8f51ed59a688a2c.jpg

102833.jpg.bc30706092e06b771ac391848dc60843.jpg