• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15 DCs To Go

78 posts in this topic

By "D", I meant the letter in the arrival code. I am interested in the early codes because I am curious which titles got Edgar Church interested in comic books and which he later bought second hand. Anyway, I'll stop hijacking your thread.

Which book did you find to get down to 12?

I'm ready for your directions.

1. After you create a post with an attachment, click the Attachment link to display your image.

2. In the address bar of your browser, highlight the entire URL (address) of the image and copy it (Ctrl-C is a handy shortcut).

3. Go back to your post and Edit it, or create a new post.

4. Click the "Image" link in the "Instant UBB Code" section (right under the window where you type in the words of your post).

5. A box will pop up. Make sure that all characters in that box (eg "http://") are highlighted and past the URL you copied in #2 (Ctrl-V is a handy shortcut for that)

6. Click OK

7. Submit your post.

The image should appear inline. You can do this process with the URL of an image that exists anywhere on the web and have the image show up in your post. GL!

I have not compared the different runs yet, although that is my goal eventually.

As for 18: ?

810018001o.jpg

Holy S! Bet they wouldn't print that cover today! shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

There are two copies of this book, the other has a "D" on the cover just like the #19 has in the GERBER pic.

Timely

Nice book! The Indian Reserve copy is equally as nice, so equal that they got mixed up in the past. Luckily we were able to tell the difference between the MH and IR.

Timely

Warlord, do you know why my URL is showing rather than the scan?

You can't link to an image on your computer... you have to link to an image that's on the web...

I went to your post with the attachment. I clicked on the attachment to be able to see the book. I then COPIED the URL while viewing your book. Now here I am replying to your post. I'm going to attempt to PASTE your image here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/attachments//415525-MoreFunComics75-96.JPG

Well, that gives me a link. OK, right under where you type your posts there is a link that says IMAGE. Click on that and PASTE your image URL there - like so: 415525-MoreFunComics75-96.JPG

Great job! thumbsup2.gif That is an amazing book by the way! Based on your user name I'm guessing you have many wonderful books to show us which is why I wanted to help you post images. These boards have a limit of 150KB for ATTACHING images from your computer. You can make larger images but you'll have to sacrifice quality (a little) to keep them under 150KB. You can also post huge scans if you put them up on a web site first and add them here with a little HTML code like (< img src="http://.....etc, etc.). Look at Timely's scans over in the Golden Age threads. They are very large but under 150KB. smile.gif

Given the great scans that RareHighGrade is posting, I think I

can reveal that he was also the seller of the incredible Mickey

Mouse Magazine V5#12 that is now the prize of my collection

(in a transaction that was possibly the highlight of my career

as a comics collector so far). If I could award a single 6-star

rating to any forum member...

Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account. The site doesn't send you ANY spam email either, which is great. (It runs entirely on voluntary donations, which are truly voluntary. There's no catch.) You can upload a much larger image on there and then link to it once you've uploaded it to your account on photobucket.

If the scan were larger, you would see the Mile High penciled arrival date in the upper left-hand corner. But this was the largest scan the forum would accept.