• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #8 slab Price Opinion

4 posts in this topic

I have been setting up a spreadsheet with various parameters such as slabbed grade range, no chipping, price points, etc. I am trying to come up with a formula that will allow me to maximize the age old dilemma of grade quality vs. actually being able to legitimately complete a particular run sooner rather than much much later.

(((FYI A really nice CGC 7.0 slab of this same comic just sold for $150 on CL.)))

Was wondering if you thought this was a fair market price for this specific slab:

Was wondering what you think a, oh my, what a great deal, must click mouse price would be?

http://cgi.ebay.com/X-Men-8-CGC-6-0-1st-app-Unus-Untouchable-Kirby-/350372969790?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5193db3d3e

Probably a fine price... you can also check the Heritage Gallery past auction prices (if you have an account there) as another means of gauging the cost of a book--and they also list the OS value as well.

Looks nice,overpriced slightly,and not quite as nice as the one i have being graded right now that I will be selling for very cheap in a couple of weeks... :baiting:

Cool. Shoot me a PM when you get it. In the mean time I am going to have come up with a strategy. I think my two main objectives are staying within a pre-set budget and completing a particular or specific run. My only two dq's for any comic are chipping and spine miswrap. Although I am not worried about chipping in the Fine or Fine/Very Fine slab range.

And most likely I will have to break off the run into sections. So for real early X-Men SA up to say issue #20, it will be CGC X.XX and then for #21-#49 it will be CGC Y.YY, etc.