• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Open up and say CLOSED!

19 posts in this topic

SOLD

Tomb Raider: Journey 1-4

Tomb Raider: 18, 32-34, 42-50

Kabuki 4

Red Sonja 7, 8

Witchblade 86, 87

Star Wars: Purge

Star Wars: Boba Fett Overkill

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 30

GI Joe 2

SOLD

DC 16 comic book lot

Powergirl 1, 2

JSA Classified 1, 1 sketch, and 2

Superman Returns: Lois Lane one shot

Legion of Superheroes 35

Justice League of America 6

Detective Comics 858

Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes 23

Rose and Thorn 1-6

Entire lot: $33 shipped

PowerGirl.jpgSuperGirl.jpgRoseThorn.jpg

Do the Tomb Raiders/Witchblades have a good shot at getting 9.8's if submitted?

Which Tomb Raiders in particular?

Without taking them from the bag...

Witchblade 86 looks sweet everywhere except for a tiny line (it's not quite spine stress; almost looks like a wrinkle; non-color breaking) just below the midpoint on the FC.

Witchblade 87 looks untouched, but there looks to be two color flecks, one near the spine corner FC and one on the lower right corner FC.

For these two, I've seen worse get a 9.8, but I've also seen 9.6s look this good.

As for the TRs, I know Journeys #1 has a few non-color breaking spine stresses. In the entire lot of TRs, I'd say you'd get at least a few 9.8s.

Witchblade 86 looks sweet everywhere except for a tiny line (it's not quite spine stress; almost looks like a wrinkle; non-color breaking) just below the midpoint on the FC.

Witchblade 87 looks untouched, but there looks to be two color flecks, one near the spine corner FC and one on the lower right corner FC.

For these two, I've seen worse get a 9.8, but I've also seen 9.6s look this good.

As for the TRs, I know Journeys #1 has a few non-color breaking spine stresses. In the entire lot of TRs, I'd say you'd get at least a few 9.8s.

All of them :shy::sorry:

It is just that I have all of these already, but if you think that quite a few of the TR's could have a good shot at 9.8's I would like to upgrade on what I have got. :)

All of them :shy::sorry:

It is just that I have all of these already, but if you think that quite a few of the TR's could have a good shot at 9.8's I would like to upgrade on what I have got. :)

I'll scrutinize 'em this evening. I tend to think that even one color fleck with drop a book to 9.6, but I've got several 9.8s with a couple of "problems" with them. But yeah, I'll give you a detailed report shortly...

Oh, and that's all the books I've got, so if anyone is hanging around hoping for more, I'm afraid you're out of luck. :P

I wish I knew more about grading. :doh: When books are the NM or better category, I tend to just group them all together. But here are the ones that might get a 9.8:

33: Maybe. There's a bit of white in the upper right corner. Not a rub, not a bindery tear, and not a "fleck" that you see below.

43: White "fleck" (see below).

44: I see nothing wrong with this one.

45: Ever so slight rubbing on lower spine corner. I've seen worse rubs on a 9.8 copper.

46-50: White "fleck" at top or bottom spine corner.

Essentially, issues 43 and 46-50 look great with brights colors, great spines, sharp corners. However, there's a tiny bit of white showing on the top or bottom spine corner. Not exactly a bindery tear from what I understand a bindery tear to be. But not corner rubbing either.

For what it's worth, being moderns, I'd assume that these tiny flecks would keep these from being 9.8s. With that said, I compared these to some copper 9.8s I have, and these Tomb Raider "flecks" are no worse then what I see on 2-3 of the coppers.

Sorry I can't give you definite grades. But at $2 a book, maybe it's worth the risk? (shrug)

Tomb Raider: Journey 1-4

Tomb Raider: 18, 32-34, 42-50

Kabuki 4

Red Sonja 7, 8

Witchblade 86, 87

Star Wars: Purge

Star Wars: Boba Fett Overkill

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 30

GI Joe 2

27 comic lot: $60 shipped

:takeit:

Thanks for taking the time to check them over. :)

One time 10% price drop all all remaining lots.

If there are no takers, I'll be dropping these on eBay later tonight.

If anyone wants specific issues, drop me a PM (Superman and the Supergirl issues are already spoken for if I don't sell as a lot).