• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Someone Please Explain This To Me

10 posts in this topic

Only takes a couple of interested bidders to drive up a price.

It's an all Dan DeCarlo issue that doesn't seem outside of the regular run (unlike, let's say, #100).

The book looks a little "toasted" (though there is a brown tinge to the whole photo) but it presents structurally well for the grade and is a great cover.*

MtM79.jpg

*The buyer does have a bid history on original art. Sometimes owning an original piece makes certain issues a must buy?

(shrug) Doesn't surprise me. Talk to any collector who is trying to get a complete Millie or Atlas collection and you'll quickly learn that Millie or not Millie, putting a complete set of the series together is no picnic and when that elusive issue comes up for auction, you go for it. $50 is nothing to fill that hole in your want list.

I'd give you $50 right now for a VG copy of Nellie the Nurse # 32 and she's no Millie either (i.e., less collected). Do you have a copy to sell?

That's nothing. A few years back I sold a 1950s DeCarlo Millie with a stripped-logo cover for around $350. I couldn't believe it when it happened. It was one of those bidding wars between a couple guys who needed it to complete their runs. I'm not telling which issue, because I still look for it ever since. ;)

But, it happened. Really.