• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper collectors! Do you want your own "Age" in the Registry?

108 posts in this topic

now CA books will be more expensive to slab. Hmmmmmm hm

I hope not.

I think the more likely option should a Copper Age be added would be to say that there is a "copper/modern tier" instead of just a "modern tier" when submitting books. They may move the date up from 1980 to whatever the decided beginning of the CA is, but that'd be a slide from 1980 and later to 1982 and later (for example).

How much would a 2-year slide in the current "modern tier" affect people?

Well, here's the good thing.

When I spoke to Gemma on the phone last week, she said CGC isn't going to even start the conversation until January, 2011.

So we have time to work out all the suggestions we ever dreamed of until then.

But I agree with your idea, Adam. Having a Copper/Modern Tier makes the most sense. It will be interesting to see what the time period will be in the end.

Why would the comic book ages in the Registry have anything to do with the comic book tiers for CGC submissions?

It's a perfect opportunity to restructure and charge more. It really hurt when they made 1975-1979 books Econs. It would suck out loud if Coppers were no longer priced as moderns. There has been no indication of this yet, obviously, but it does not strain credulity to believe that CGC would like to charge more if they could.

I just don't see that happening, though.

Up until last year the CGC "Modern" tier for submissions included books published from 1975 to present. That time span encompassed books from the bronze, copper and modern ages of comics.

As there have never been separate "Bronze", "Silver" or "Gold" tiers for submissions, it seems obvious that CGC's tier structure is not tied directly to comic book ages - so why would that suddenly change with the inclusion of the Copper Age in the CGC registry?

It wouldn't. And I hope it doesn't.

now CA books will be more expensive to slab. Hmmmmmm hm

I hope not.

I think the more likely option should a Copper Age be added would be to say that there is a "copper/modern tier" instead of just a "modern tier" when submitting books. They may move the date up from 1980 to whatever the decided beginning of the CA is, but that'd be a slide from 1980 and later to 1982 and later (for example).

How much would a 2-year slide in the current "modern tier" affect people?

Well, here's the good thing.

When I spoke to Gemma on the phone last week, she said CGC isn't going to even start the conversation until January, 2011.

So we have time to work out all the suggestions we ever dreamed of until then.

But I agree with your idea, Adam. Having a Copper/Modern Tier makes the most sense. It will be interesting to see what the time period will be in the end.

Why would the comic book ages in the Registry have anything to do with the comic book tiers for CGC submissions?

It's a perfect opportunity to restructure and charge more. It really hurt when they made 1975-1979 books Econs. It would suck out loud if Coppers were no longer priced as moderns. There has been no indication of this yet, obviously, but it does not strain credulity to believe that CGC would like to charge more if they could.

Exactly my point Sean...opportunity and a veiled justification. Moving 1975-1979 books to Econ tier, upping pre-screen rejects from $3 to $5 per, etc... CGC is in the business to make money

tin-foil-hat-3.jpg