• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chicago Dinner Sat Nov 13 - Who's In?

36 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'll be in Chicago for a cardiology conference, and have Saturday the 13th free. Figured I'd see if folks are up for a comic OA dinner that night. My friend GianCarlo Nardini (also a comic OA collector) owns a restaurant where we can have dinner.

So, who's in? Ron Sonenthal, Chris Caira, Doug Edelman, Steve Welch, are you guys free? If so, lock that night in your calendar!

Hi everyone,

I'll be in Chicago for a cardiology conference, and have Saturday the 13th free. Figured I'd see if folks are up for a comic OA dinner that night. My friend GianCarlo Nardini (also a comic OA collector) owns a restaurant where we can have dinner.

So, who's in? Ron Sonenthal, Chris Caira, Doug Edelman, Steve Welch, are you guys free? If so, lock that night in your calendar!

Since I have been called out by name.... :ohnoez:

Yes I will be there. This is the furthest out I have ever committed myself to a dinner since my wedding.

Hi everyone,

Yes I will be there. This is the furthest out I have ever committed myself to a dinner since my wedding.

Yeah, well, don't get any ideas. All you're getting is dinner, no dessert ;)

Hi everyone,

Yeah, well, don't get any ideas. All you're getting is dinner, no dessert ;)

Two glasses of wine and I start to look pretty good. :whistle:

More than two glasses....

A lot more....

:grin:

You aren't using the right glass....

GLAS-9784-2.jpg

Looks like this is shaping up! So far, we have:

Hari

GianCarlo

Chris Caira

Doug Edelman

Ron Sonenthal

Erato

The Watcher

Steve Welch

I'll try to bring some art, but only modern size that I can carry-on. So, no KJ or DK pages, Miracleman art, Grendel art or Silver Age unfortunately...

See you all soon,

Hari, I'm in!

-Steve

You're already on the list :gossip:

Yeah I see that, thankyouverymuch, but I had not responded directly to Hari and thought it would be kind a nice to do so since he called me out by name. (thumbs u

-Steve

Steve, my friend, it'll be really good to see you after several years.

Translation: "You BETTER have that $20 I loaned you in 2006."

Steve, my friend, it'll be really good to see you after several years.

Steve is awesome! He's been an incredible host each time I've visited Chicago. :headbang:

Alright now I owe YOU $20 for saying that. lol

When will you be coming back into town?? Hopefully for WW :wishluck:

Hari: thanks -- can't wait for November. Chicagoland needs more OA gatherings. (thumbs u