• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM#3 e-bay - what's up?????

8 posts in this topic

the saga of this book is short but way confusing. i've been tracking an ASM#3 restored 9.4 on e-bay. (auctioned by collectorspal). it's now up to $3000 with a few days left to go. there are a number of intriguing aspects to this book;

1; the exact same book (all 5 of the books mentioned here have slight pro resto of color touch/pieces added/cleaned/split sealed/with cream to off-white pages) was listed by doc 16 99 in the featured section back on 2/7 with an $1800 starting price and a $2300 BIN. after a week it got no bids.

2; it's listed again in a one-day auction (not featured) on 2/24 with a $1500 starting price and a $1700 BIN. again, no bidders.

3; it's listed again (not featured) on 2/16 with a $1500 BIN and collectorspal wins it.

4; the same book has been on comiclink for some time now. it was last updated on 1/27. it's shown as sale pending.

Questions:

1; what made 14 different bidders pass up the three earlier auctions BIN's (not one single bid other than the winning BIN) and now drive the price up to $3000?

2: one bidder has jumped in 9 times already?

3; this book has already been sold once on e-bay and is about to be again while comiclink still lists it as Sale Pending?

4; is collectorspal some kind of flipping genius?

is it me??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It can take ComicLink two months to update a sale pending. That's no big deal.

The real question is:

When are you selling some of your books? thumbsup2.gif

i think a light bulb just went off. do you think this "doc" dude is the one who bought it (in january?)and then took three attempts to flip it and wound up with the exact same $1500???

and now collectors pal has already gotten at least double that amount??

i thought the comic link deal was that the book had been sold out from under them on e-bay and they hadn't updated their list. foreheadslap.gif

my wife tells me i gotta start selling pretty soon. she keeps reminding me that i agreed to sell some books to "pay" for the antique shuffleboard table i brought home last month from chicago devil.gif

I seen this book many times up on Ebay too. If this sale does go through then that was nice flip of $1500 profit. Sometimes it takes the right seller and the right timing to get a spectacular sale. Again, not all eyes on Ebay on open everytime. I have seen some sellers list their book 5 to 6 times at a high price and eventually the right buyer comes along and hits the BIN.

If you sell them, make sure you let us know. I am interested in getting in on the ground floor of the Burntboy Pedigree Collection. thumbsup2.gif

It can take ComicLink two months to update a sale pending. That's no big deal.

The real question is:

When are you selling some of your books? thumbsup2.gif

i think a light bulb just went off. do you think this "doc" dude is the one who bought it (in january?)and then took three attempts to flip it and wound up with the exact same $1500???

and now collectors pal has already gotten at least double that amount??

i thought the comic link deal was that the book had been sold out from under them on e-bay and they hadn't updated their list. foreheadslap.gif

my wife tells me i gotta start selling pretty soon. she keeps reminding me that i agreed to sell some books to "pay" for the antique shuffleboard table i brought home last month from chicago devil.gif