• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Incredible Hulk #181

34 posts in this topic

Nice looking copy, cover is straight I'd go along with 9.0. Assuming it has the value stamp inside etc. I'm not so sure about the trimming comment I'd have to see closer. It looks like the front cover is overwrapped slightly hence the white spine, and would make the back cover underwrapped (like an overbite). Very nice copy though I think it will grade well.

What's the white line in the text arrow starting just right of 'He's' and running through the first N in CANADIAN?

If that's a printing artefact then I'd say 9.2

Common printing defect for this issue.

9.4 Slab it! :sumo:

What's the white line in the text arrow starting just right of 'He's' and running through the first N in CANADIAN?

It's called vertical speckling. It is not dinged as a defect. I think the FC has some very mild color rub and the top right corner looks less than perfect.

Nice looking copy, cover is straight I'd go along with 9.0. Assuming it has the value stamp inside etc. I'm not so sure about the trimming comment I'd have to see closer. It looks like the front cover is overwrapped slightly hence the white spine, and would make the back cover underwrapped (like an overbite). Very nice copy though I think it will grade well.

Exactly. That's why I don't believe it to be trimmed. I would give it a 9.2.

It's called vertical speckling. It is not dinged as a defect. I think the FC has some very mild color rub and the top right corner looks less than perfect.

While we're on the topic, I am assuming that the magenta blotch on the BC is also a common printing defect hm

And yes the URFC is the book's only real drawback (aside from its mis-wrap); very fresh look to the BC :) I'd be excited if it was in my collection. My 9.6 was perfect, and had Joey been in business then, I believe it could have been a 10.0.

I'm in the 9.2 boat...very nice copy! The uniform width of the white band overwrap (a feature I'm not real fond of) is a plus for the overall presentation...doesn't affect the CGC grade, but would be a positive factor for some if you were to sell the book :headbang:

Ditto, that border/spine wrap is meaningful to most people. I prefer to have none of the back showing, but others like a wide white border.

Tom, have you noticed the ASM 37 left three yellow marks next to the purple banner? On that issue it's best to have enough of the front wrapped to the back to hide those marks. They are part of the cover, but they look out of place. They look like white spine damage when the wrap meets them with the black cover.

Are we too picky or what, lol.