• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best way to sell an Action #1

50 posts in this topic

I saw it on Metropolis.com and bought it.

A true story.

The other story was a better read... :makepoint:

Some people prefer NON Fiction stories.

I respect that... last time I bought one I had to pinch myself...too bad I woke up in a second level dream...I knew it wasn't real because I didn't have my loaded dice.. :roflmao:

These sorts of stories devalue the comic. They get people thinking that if they rummage through enough attics they'll find a shoe box worth of Action 1s. saying you spent the princely sum of $2000 on it in 1974 sounds better. my folks bought a 4 bedroom apartment in manhattan in 1967 for $8000 that sold in 2006 for $2.6 million (unfortunately, it was not sold by them as they had unloaded it in the 90's), so the appreciation is not that crazy. heck, $2000 of microsoft at its IPO in the 80's would be worth what now? a lot more than a million i'd think (but don't know)

I wasn't as clear as I should have been. The story is pure nonsense.

I don't have an Action #1 and I never will. I put this up because some of the stories I have heard about people unearthing valuable comics or collections are too pat to be true. They are the sort of thing that is meant to get publicity and nullify greed and envy. I made up the story very quickly but mixed in patriotism, endured suffering, money going to good use.

By the way, nobody uses iron lungs anymore. And if they did use them here, the government health plan would pay for them anyway.

I do, however, have a Detective #27 in near mint. I got it from my grandfather Yitzach Kahn who was Bob Kane's younger brother. Bob gave him ten copies which he put in a safe in his rooming house. He would bring out one occasionally to show the boarders. He was very proud of his older brother and told and retold the story of why Bob chose the name Kane over Kahn. Then one day in 1967, during the height of the Batman craze, some TV producers came over to the house and...

The recent Action # 1 that Metropolis just "uncovered" is almost an O'Henry short story. I don't believe a word of it.

The recent Action # 1 that Metropolis just "uncovered" is almost an O'Henry short story. I don't believe a word of it.

I don't know if I agree with you completely. What about the news story about the fellow that was hiding from a burglar in his house by rolling his comic collection on top of himself, and later when he came out he realized there was an Amazing Fantasy 15 buried in it all?

I think Metropolis is selling it.

Story Link Here

I have to be skeptical of stories like that. While that may be true, I really have no way of knowing, many people like to lie to seek attention or for financial reasons.

Did you know that ebay was formed so that a computer geek could sell his girlfriend's PEZ dispensers?