• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Beach Comic Con - Oct. 29-31, Long Beach, Calif.

65 posts in this topic

If you bought your ticket online did you get a seperate ticket emailed to you or just a receipt? All I ever got was a receipt for my weekend pass with no instructions on swapping it out at the con, or a seperate email vocher.

(shrug)

Who is this being asked to?

A general question to all attendees - if they bought their ticket online.

:news:

Hello all!

Check us out at Booth #924 under JAS Comix! Almost 20,000 $1.00 books anywhere from the Silver age all the way up to some of the most recent big titles! Mention you're a board member and get a FREE BOOK! Hope to see some of you there! (thumbs u

Just take your email reciept to the con and you collect your badge there much like SDCC but without the horrendous lines

I was wondering the same thing. I am surprised at the lack of communication from the organizers, even when e-mailed directly. Still, I am looking forward to the show.

:news:

Hello all!

Check us out at Booth #924 under JAS Comix! Almost 20,000 $1.00 books anywhere from the Silver age all the way up to some of the most recent big titles! Mention you're a board member and get a FREE BOOK! Hope to see some of you there! (thumbs u

Which one are you? lol

Went to LBCC on Friday. For those speaking about the online registration and bad ticketing info. after you bought it online, it was pretty pad on-site too.

Got to the convention around 2 p.m. and saw a line at the ticketing booth, I thought that was for the people who were paying for the tickets online...nope, those were the pre-registrants. If you pre-registered online you had to get in line and for me it was a 20-30 minute wait. BUT if you didn't buy it ahead of time, you were directed to the cash or credit card booth which had NO line. So it was better to not even pre-reg there.

For Friday there was only one booth for pre-registrants, but there were two booths for on-site payees (one cash, one credit), and even one booth for Exhibitors (which the person manning it was just lonely sitting there). I overheard the a volunteer saying that the opening of the con earlier that day was messy with bad line management. LBCC needs to step it up with figuring out that online registrants should be FASTER in getting into the Con than payees just...I mean that's what they had on their Buy Tickets page noting pre-reg should be a good deal faster.

Overall the Con was nice once you got inside. Compared with Wizard World Anaheim earlier this year the booths were more comic-related instead of celebrity. mini-SDCC lite, though I did like WWA since they had more quarter bin booths vs. the mostly dollar booths (I'm a bargain reader).

Lots more artists at LBCC as well and picked up some nice OA from a couple of them and got some signed comics as well.

Took a couple photos of the few roaming cosplayers.

p.s. Attached a shot of Sergio Aragones who was signing at Hi De Ho Comics in Laguna Beach today as well.

105641.jpg.7ae23e289849f9c8722232d6b52c5fa0.jpg

105642.jpg.e7cd2d08c3c0f6a5868e990183a0fda3.jpg

105643.jpg.23d1ccc0a0d76cf5e8d3802b165bd2f5.jpg

105644.jpg.6181d01d233514f9b54bc643a473412f.jpg

105645.jpg.845682f91062cd28a992231637977eea.jpg

Harley isn't on their list of exhibitors yet. I wonder if he's elsewhere that weekend. I'm sure I'll make it one day, maybe the Saturday.

Unless that was Harley Yee's clone, he certainly was in attendance. In was thinking of buying his raw Action Comics 44 in 6.5, but he wanted too much for it. Instead I bought a CGC 7.0 Batman 18 that looks more like an 8.0 or even an 8.5 from Graham Crackers for about $200.00 under guide. Having trouble with my Photobucket but when I fix the problem, I'll scan it.

SLR

I enjoyed this year's show much more than last year's. I picked up a few newer books and a couple nice pieces of original art, but stuck out on filling in my wantlist.

I was especially impressed with the number of high-quality artists at this show. It was a great lineup. I didn't expect to spend much, but when I came across a pair of Rahsan Ekedal pages I had to pick them up. I wasn't familiar with his work, but was really impressed. Without shows like this, I probably wouldn't get to see some of the great talent out there.

I purchased the lifetime pass and after this show, I am hopeful that the convention will continue to grow and be around for a long time.

I enjoyed this year's show much more than last year's. I picked up a few newer books and a couple nice pieces of original art, but stuck out on filling in my wantlist.

I was especially impressed with the number of high-quality artists at this show. It was a great lineup. I didn't expect to spend much, but when I came across a pair of Rahsan Ekedal pages I had to pick them up. I wasn't familiar with his work, but was really impressed. Without shows like this, I probably wouldn't get to see some of the great talent out there.

I purchased the lifetime pass and after this show, I am hopeful that the convention will continue to grow and be around for a long time.

Where were you? I never ran into you the whole time... :(

Pickings seemed a little slim to me, and the price of attendance high for what you could see. But, these sorts of shows are never cheap.

I thought the show was going to be a bust but then up popped a crazy colored black cover Plastic Man #39 in great shape in Terry's booth and I just had to have it. BustedFlush and I also enjoyed the Heroes Initiative fundraiser at RockBottom after a nice dinner there.

Overall I didn't have high expectations but ended up having a great time.

there's a hi do ho in laguna beach? i've only heard of santa monica's store.

Yes, I believe it opened up earlier this year as their second store besides their Santa Monica location. It's a a small-medium sized shop in prime location off Laguna Canyon Rd.

Hope they have more artist/creator signings there.

Pickings seemed a little slim to me, and the price of attendance high for what you could see. But, these sorts of shows are never cheap.

I thought the show was going to be a bust but then up popped a crazy colored black cover Plastic Man #39 in great shape in Terry's booth and I just had to have it. BustedFlush and I also enjoyed the Heroes Initiative fundraiser at RockBottom after a nice dinner there.

Very very good time. Lost Weekend type of good time. :headbang:

I wandered aimlessly most of the day Saturday along with my wife - and occasionally my dad and step-mom. I should have kept a better eye out for you, but I saw you said you might just be in and out of there.

I went on Friday afternoon for a couple of hours and Sunday with 2 of my kids. We got there about an hour after opening on Sunday and stayed for 2 hours to get home for a Halloween party.

Friday was very light. Sunday was DEAD. I spoke some many of the guys who had booths and all were complaining about the lack of traffic. It is too bad because there was some great talen there and some great books to be had as well.

I only managed to get 2 sketches due to kids in tow and two of the artists not coming through for me (I got there too late to get on their lists, even though there was hardly anyone in attendance.)

I did pick up an awesome sketch of Cap zombie from Arthur Suydam. And, a Mandy sketch from Dean Yeagle.

Very very good time. Lost Weekend type of good time. :headbang:

Spent both Friday and Saturday with "Busted Flash". We wandered the aisles. Not too many vintage comic dealers; I would say about 7 or 8 booths. Purchased three books from Steve Wyatt who gave me great deals on Silver Age Tomahawk 77, last 10 center and a Strange Adventures (big box 12-center and a 1953 Ripley's Believe it or Not #1. Picked up the Detective Comics 267, first Bat-Mite and tough one to find. It wasn't a high-grade copy, but it has full cover gloss and vibrant colors from A-1 comics at guide price. And then I picked up a Batman 18 CGC 7.0 with White Pages that looks more like an 8.5 or even 9.0. It's an incredibly looking book with beautiful colors and a perfect spine. And I paid below 7.0 OSPG guide from Graham Crackers. I like when dealers give collectors the benefit of the doubt so to speak. Anyway, I had a fun time. Personally, I don't like when the aisles are too crowded so I enjoyed the show. I'll also attend Terry's show at the end of January in Yorba LInda and try to buy something from him; he is a nice guy and usually willing to wheel and deal. Oh, I also submitted three books to CGC: Detective Comics 230, Showcase 24 and JIM #1.

All in all I had a great time with Mike ("Busted Flash").

SLR

I wandered aimlessly most of the day Saturday along with my wife - and occasionally my dad and step-mom. I should have kept a better eye out for you, but I saw you said you might just be in and out of there.

I ended up being there all three days. I figured I would spot you sometime Saturday, but alas nope.