• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saturday night trivia - 9th question

106 posts in this topic

As the years took their toll, the Crimson Avenger and Wing semi-retired in 1944, only coming out to adventure with their friends in the SSoV. When the group disbanded in 1945, their careers were all but over. In 1949, however, the group returned to battle The Nebula-Man, and were hurdled through time, the resulting explosion killing Wing. The Crimson Avenger spent several weeks in Pre-Columbian Central America. After being rescued by several members of the Justice League and Justice Society, Travis was returned more than 40 years after he had left, but still youthful.

Discovering that his holdings had prospered after he had been thrown through time, Travis began an around-the-world tour, hoping it would cure his depression, but cut it short when he discovered that he had an incurable disease that would kill him within weeks. Donning his costume one last time, he saved a young Hispanic infant from falling to his death and saved New York from disaster by stopping an exploding barge from detonating in a populated area at the cost of his own life. After several months, The Star-Spangled Kid had discovered his selfless deed and had monument erected in a Metropolis cemetery.

Rescued from his time-trap by the JSA & JLA, the Crimson Avenger was soon retired as Lee Travis embarked on a tour around the world, only to find soon after that he was dying of an incurable disease. While in hospital, Travis spotted a tanker in distress in a nearby river, and donned the Crimson Avenger's costume one last time in an attempt to save the vessel. He rescued the ship's captain from thieves who were attempting to steal the ship and its chemical cargo, but one of the thieves threw a grenade, which sparked a fire on board. Seeing the other occupants of the ship onto a lifeboat, Travis steered the ship safely away from the river banks until it exploded, presumably killing him. Since he had attacked the thieves under cover of a smokescreen, and was not well-known due to his long absence from crime-fighting, his identity was not known to the other participants in the case, and was only revealed later by a survivor of the incident

As the years took their toll, the Crimson Avenger and Wing semi-retired in 1944, only coming out to adventure with their friends in the SSoV. When the group disbanded in 1945, their careers were all but over. In 1949, however, the group returned to battle The Nebula-Man, and were hurdled through time, the resulting explosion killing Wing. The Crimson Avenger spent several weeks in Pre-Columbian Central America. After being rescued by several members of the Justice League and Justice Society, Travis was returned more than 40 years after he had left, but still youthful.

Discovering that his holdings had prospered after he had been thrown through time, Travis began an around-the-world tour, hoping it would cure his depression, but cut it short when he discovered that he had an incurable disease that would kill him within weeks. Donning his costume one last time, he saved a young Hispanic infant from falling to his death and saved New York from disaster by stopping an exploding barge from detonating in a populated area at the cost of his own life. After several months, The Star-Spangled Kid had discovered his selfless deed and had monument erected in a Metropolis cemetery.

Jeez, the old noggin's holding up good, eh?

Joe, were you been??? 'Ive missed you around here !!! flowerred.gif

Working my butt off and checking the Marketplace. I likely won't be back for too long, but I had some spare time this weekend, so I thought I'd stop by.

The CGC/Heritage Nip and Tuck thread is enough to turn me off comics entirely. foreheadslap.gif

Question #4:

The creator of Wonder Woman invented a device to help police solve crimes. What is that device?

Worth: 4 points

Lie detector! tongue.gif

Question #4:

The creator of Wonder Woman invented a device to help police solve crimes. What is that device?

Worth: 4 points

Lie detector! tongue.gif

[!@#%^&^] off, troll.

Those were my points.

tonofbricks.gif