• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

how many serbian comic books are there?

49 posts in this topic

How come Serbian variants are so hot when others (like euro/german/italian variants are not? O.o

I think it's because The Walking Dead books were Serbian and that's where the interest started here on the boards.

It's probably by title, instead of country. (shrug)

If there was a euro/german/italian variant of The Walking Dead I'd want to buy them too.

And the funny thing about that is, no one ever talks about how these are flip books with Invincible.

I mean they are also technically ultra limited copies of Serbian Invincible #1 through 13, with impossible to get variants of Serbian Invincible #2 and #10.

That leads me to believe it's the title for now, but if invincible ever gains the same cult following or a movie or a TV show you'll probably see people slabbing these with the other cover in front. lol

I thought about that for a long time before I got my #1 slabbed. I love the variant cover for #1 on the Invincible side. But in the end I went with the WD cover in front.

what are the liberty medows going for?

I will look and see what I have left. I might have one set of 4 issues. They are about $12 each, so not too expensive.

I have been emailing with my people in Serbia and I have an update on the Fearless Dawn books.

Issue #7 is now out and issue #8 is due out around the first week of September.

I am figuring out the cost per issue including shipping from Serbia, Western Union fees, etc. The more I get into this order the cheaper it should be for everyone who orders.

As expensive as shipping is from Serbia we can save a nice chunk with a group order.

SOOOO...

Anyone who thinks they might want one or more sets of Fearless Dawn Serbian Editions 1 through 8 please send me a PM so I can figure out what they will cost and how many need to be ordered. From what I am being told I can get 10 sets without a problem and more than that he will have to check and see for me.

Right now I have people who want 5 sets, so there's room right now for sure. Just drop me a PM if you want a set or two.

Best,

Chris

My favorite cover of the entire run

RescueDawn5.jpg

Wow I am loving the covers to these! never heard of this series before I may have to give them a try. Are these the same covers as on the American versions?

How come Serbian variants are so hot when others (like euro/german/italian variants are not? O.o

I think it's because The Walking Dead books were Serbian and that's where the interest started here on the boards.

It's probably by title, instead of country. (shrug)

If there was a euro/german/italian variant of The Walking Dead I'd want to buy them too.

that's what started it. evilash was the first to have serbian WD's, and soon he got a few of us some copies too (i had 1-4, or 5). then maybe a year, year and a half later, they started showing up again. not only evilash, but at least one other board member. i remember at first most people weren't interested, and they were cheap (how i got my collection of 'em), then everyone else started catching on. but that's what started it. they grew more popular BECAUSE of rarity and a few different covers, but the simple fact that only serbia has WD's, means serbian books are going to see an increase in popularity. from WD, it's easy to see a few cats wanting serbian Brit, since it's done by kirkman and moore . and then yeah, the size and coolness kicks in, and people start picking up other books (plus just in case these serbian books become popular like the WD's, you'll have some)

Walking Dead isn't reprinted in any other countries?

I have never seen any, and I know this particular publisher in Serbia was doing the series on a series by series license for a set period of time with Image, not for the entire line but only for certain series.

I don't know if other countries and publishers have explored the option of doing something like this.

Walking Dead isn't reprinted in any other countries?

I have never seen any, and I know this particular publisher in Serbia was doing the series on a series by series license for a set period of time with Image, not for the entire line but only for certain series.

I don't know if other countries and publishers have explored the option of doing something like this.

The Walking Dead trade paperbacks have been reprinted in a number of different countries - I don't know about the individual comics, though.