• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What should I list my TMNT #1 and Cerebus #1 for on ComicLink??

60 posts in this topic

I'm looking for forum guidance on what prices to list these books on ComicLink:

TMNT #1 CGC 9.0 (HGC), Only 1 other book has been graded by CGC, and that was a 6.0

Cerebus #1 CGC 7.5 (HGC), Only two other books have been graded by CGC, and they were a 4.5 and a 6.5

Thanks in advance...

bhampel

409904-CGCCEREBUS2.GIF

409904-CGCCEREBUS2.GIF.95588d5b6408ee6ffe332e2b25a08357.GIF

You should list the TMNT #1 on eBay. That would be an exciting book to watch at auction.

I thought about this as well. However, since I have a virtually non-existent seller's feedback rating on ebay - I don't think they would fare all that well. But, I did contact ToyChef (steve from investment collectibles) to see if he would take on consignment (and he will). However, I figured first posting on ComicLink for the top end of the price spectrum couldn't hurt. However, I just can't decide what the top end price would be as most previous ebay acutions for these books are non-CGC'ed with _very_ questionable grading.

Would you mind helping me out by throwing out what you feel a top end price would be for both books?

Thanks,

bhampel

I think both books would end at over $1,000. I'd put both on Ebay and put a high reserve. Also, have a friend of yours with decent feedback list the books, and that way you don't have to pay anyone a commission. Heck, I'll list the books for you if you'd like.

I'd say TMNT ends at $3000+
confused.gif For a 9.0? foreheadslap.gif

Link

There was one that ended higher than this one that had a corner crease.

It's a few weeks old so it doesn't show up in a search.

Link

What does an auction for 28 books have to do with this one book? This grade will eventually be surpassed. I don't think that this book suffered the production issues like Cerebus 1! tongue.gif

3k is still pretty low print run,.....especially when the majority of the people buying it were 8 year old Captin Crunch speed junkies....95% of them must have been thrown away or in beat up shape if they survived....

Link

What does an auction for 28 books have to do with this one book? This grade will eventually be surpassed. I don't think that this book suffered the production issues like Cerebus 1! tongue.gif

There was a single #1 that sold on eBay for over $1500 that had a long corner crease.

Listen to me when I type.

hi.gif

Link

There was a single #1 that sold on eBay for over $1500 that had a long corner crease.

Listen to me when I type.

hi.gif

No link...no proof. Plus..the guy must have been an insufficiently_thoughtful_person! foreheadslap.gif

Those figures sound about right. Cerebus #1 maybe higher. Hopefully there are collectors that Haven't yet heard about the Sim files. A 7.5 is DAMN nice for that book. I like the ebay idea too simply because you have the first nice copies to be graded and it's always tough to predict how the first one to hit the market will do.

Brian if you need someone to list them for you I don't mind doing it for free (you'd just have to pay the ebay fees etc). I've sold these books before so that may help, and I do have power seller status. But... you can't go wrong with Ideal. Depending on their commsion I guess... insane.gif

Those figures sound about right. Brian if you need someone to list them for you I don't mind doing it for free (you'd just have to pay the ebay fees etc). I've sold these books before so that may help, and I do have power seller status. But... you can't go wrong with Ideal. Depending on their commsion I guess... insane.gif
acclaim.gif So...you feel that Dice's prices are foolish? smirk.gif