• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF? Are these fair prices?

48 posts in this topic

Yep, that's what the O-ring is.

I think they were used in other toys, like TomG mentioned, but they may be more of a problem with the Joes because of their size, and the fact that they're the only thing holding the body of the figure together.

What the heck is AFA? MOC?

I used to take my Joe's apart and re-build new & improved "super-soldiers" using the coolest parts of each character. Storm Shadow and Firefly were always the best to use for this (I had a few of each figure). After reading some of the past posts and seeing what these things are going for I think I'm going to cry. frown.gif

AFA - Action Figure Authority, the grading service for sealed toys.

MOC - Mint On Card, meaning still sealed in the original package. A toy can only be graded in this state. The criteria is the condition of the figure within the package(usually still close to MINT, but there can be fading and paint rub), and the condition of the package itself, which is most important.

Do you know if the Star Wars figures have O-Rings? My God it sounds as if those O-Rings are like ticking time bombs. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The vintage Star Wars figures do not have O-Rings as the legs did not bend like the 1980's G.I. Joe figures.