• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First comic book you ever owned (and how old were you?)

27 posts in this topic

Question:

What's the first comic book you ever owned? How old were you when you got it?

I was about 6 and got a GI Joe #18. Right now that thing has no cover and looks pretty beat up, but it got me started collecting!

Green Lantern 195! I was... 10-ish. Got it from a friend who gave it to me to read on the way to a Royals game. Anyone have a really nice copy they'd like to sell? wink.gif That would be a nice addition... a NM copy to sit alongside that poor dirty dogeared ol' .

Transformers #2..... Grams bought it for me at 7-11, and I read that thing front to back. Only problem was I didn't have the 1st isssue, os guess what? I was on a mission to find that book, which lead me to the comic store of choice, Page after Page comics. I was a kid in the candy shop!!!! PaP is no longer around sadly, but that book and that store provided me with plenty of wonderful memories......

grin.gif

Fantastic Four #104 - Magneto and Sub-Mariner on cover. Six years old. (and a very happy six year old at that!)

Supa...

I think the ASM you're referring to was #130 (cover shows Hammerhead hitting the Spider-Mobile and Spidey jumping over him).

Got to love that dune-buggy though! shocked.gif

Jim

I was 8 years old when I bought my first comic book off an M&Ms comic spin rack... it was Transformers #7. Rachet and Megatron would soon become two of my favorite characters... ooo.gif

As far as the condition of that original comic... it's so beat up and read that, what was once a black cover, it is now almost white! crazy.gif