• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 50 shenanigans on Pedigree?

529 posts in this topic

Dude, it's not mud slinging, it's the truth. Quite honestly, the only time I bring this up about Doug is when people try to downplay it.

I don't think people need to keep after you specifically, but I do think your attitude is a bit cavalier as well about the whole thing.

This is it exactly. When this thread turns into a bunch of Pedigree fans making a joke of it all, it needs to be restated for what it is, "it's not mud slinging, it's the truth."

Divad, I didn't mean mud slinging towards Pedigree or Doug. I meant mud slinging about me. But, I hear you.

I'm not a pedigree fan Divad. Please hear me clearly. I am not a fan of Pedigree and didn't mean to make a joke of any of Doug's past behavior.

Very very little of this thread has anything to do with you, you just don't see that.

Here Mark, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I will go ahead and say that you got caught in a :censored: storm because you didnt know any better at the time. Now that you do I can only hope that you can let it go, and try and just become a new functional, happy member of this forum. You have alot of guys here who are friends, and not over the computer I can name at least 25-30 I have hung out with at conventions from all over the U.S and Canada. This is a great place to make friends, talk about comics, and learn about comics. This forum for me was an invaluable tool. I would much prefer a new member that is built to last than to see you become angry and bitter about how your first week here was. Once you grasp that everything about Schmell and pedigree is crooked from past to present it makes things clear. His entire business was built from theft, and most here will not support this. So when he becomes a topic it is never pretty. You will quickly see there are many people here that are very firm in their moral standings, and this is probably one of the few places you will find any decent people in comics. I hope you really mull this over, and decide to stay. But as I stated there are many people here who will defend their friends, and thats how life really should be. Most people here arent "hiding behind a computer" we just hang out here until we get together again. If you attend local conventions I guarantee you can meet at least 25 guys from here at the next Mega-Con. Seriously though I understand you feel that you are being attacked, but it is more people trying to explain why Schmell is viewed in such poor standings within the collecting community.

Sincerely,

hole from NJ

Or-

Patrick Beam

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the note and I am here to stay. I'm not so thin skinned to let this drive me away. I feel the tension on this topic and know I certainly didn't do anything to keep things calm. There is a past about Doug that goes way beyond my newness to this hobby and this forum. I guess I thought I could come in and provide a different perspective but it was seen as a noob defending Doug and by putting myself in others shoes I can see where I got a little of what I deserved. I won't say that some of the really negative things were right but in any given forum there will be people who take things to the extreme.

I will be at upcoming comic cons and really do look forward to meeting everyone. I have already done business with Foolkiller, Dem, Filter81 and Comicdey. All really nice people. I'm one of those nice people too. I have a great family (wife with 2 great kids) and I am an upstanding citizen with a very fortunate job. I'm quite lucky and I'm happy to be here.

My feathers might have been ruffled but i'm here to stay. Thank you again for the note and benefit of the doubt.

By the way, I'm from just across the river in Brooklyn and lived in NJ for years. I didnt mean to put you down for being in NJ. It's not your fault. lol Just kidding.

Marc

(thumbs u

I would much prefer a new member that is built to last...

:o

:sick:

doh!

You want it slapped against your forehead?

I would much prefer a new member that is built to last...

:o

doh!

You want it slapped against your forehead?

Dear Roy,

You are making things worse. So please shut up now.

Love Always,

Pat-

:roflmao:

(thumbs u

And, I agree that supporting a business that is known to have ethical issues is wrong. Unfortunately, we as consumers do it everyday. I see people filling up their gas everyday at my local BP gas station. While I decide to go elsewhere...they buy their gas from BP. I don't agree with it but I'm not going to judge them and say they are horrible people.

Off-topic, I know, but these are typically local businesses that franchise from BP. You're harming an unlucky neighbor far more than sticking it to BP, unfortunately.

Probably true but I have to buy gas somewhere so I am helping another neighbor instead of the BP one.

Just like I am helping plenty of others besides Doug when I buy comic books from them too. I have a pretty big comic collection and I buy from a lot of other people. I feel I am helping the comic community a lot. I understand the issues of buying from Doug and that has become painfully clear in this thread.

Here Mark, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I will go ahead and say that you got caught in a :censored: storm because you didnt know any better at the time. Now that you do I can only hope that you can let it go, and try and just become a new functional, happy member of this forum. You have alot of guys here who are friends, and not over the computer I can name at least 25-30 I have hung out with at conventions from all over the U.S and Canada. This is a great place to make friends, talk about comics, and learn about comics. This forum for me was an invaluable tool. I would much prefer a new member that is built to last than to see you become angry and bitter about how your first week here was. Once you grasp that everything about Schmell and pedigree is crooked from past to present it makes things clear. His entire business was built from theft, and most here will not support this. So when he becomes a topic it is never pretty. You will quickly see there are many people here that are very firm in their moral standings, and this is probably one of the few places you will find any decent people in comics. I hope you really mull this over, and decide to stay. But as I stated there are many people here who will defend their friends, and thats how life really should be. Most people here arent "hiding behind a computer" we just hang out here until we get together again. If you attend local conventions I guarantee you can meet at least 25 guys from here at the next Mega-Con. Seriously though I understand you feel that you are being attacked, but it is more people trying to explain why Schmell is viewed in such poor standings within the collecting community.

Sincerely,

hole from NJ

Or-

Patrick Beam

This thread has taken a turn towards tree-hugging and cuddliness and it makes me want to barf! Jersey....pfffft. I still haven't forgiven the Devils for 1995.

I demand more animosity in this thread! :sumo:

:jokealert:

But I can see how you can infer that impression that I would buy from anyone regardless of their past. I guess I didn't communicate well on that front. My mistake.

(thumbs u

Welcome to the boards. ;)

This thread has taken a turn towards tree-hugging and cuddliness and it makes me want to barf! Jersey....pfffft. I still haven't forgiven the Devils for 1995.

South Jersey (Stone Harbor/Avalon/Cape May) is :cloud9:

I'm kind of grossed out by the thought of someone slapping $12K down on a comic just to kick the tires on a press and resub to flip it for profit. Is there really a limitless market for this kind of activity? Are there actual collectors at the end of the hot potato chain bagging and tagging these for their collections, never to see the light of day again?

I'm kind of grossed out by the thought of someone slapping $12K down on a comic just to kick the tires on a press and resub to flip it for profit. Is there really a limitless market for this kind of activity? Are there actual collectors at the end of the hot potato chain bagging and tagging these for their collections, never to see the light of day again?

Nothing surprises me anymore about the greed in this hobby.

1. There's no "paying off an escrow" -- I'm not sure what your thoughts are, but money that is in escrow IS NOT THE ATTORNEY'S. It's not paying off a debt, it's not your money. IT'S STEALING. Pure and simple. Even if you intend to repay the money, the bottom line is, you can't help yourself to it.

I'm clear that it's stealing, I'm just trying to figure out why it's a fund in the first place. With settlement escrow, is the money supposed to go to the attorney and then directly to the client, or does it sit for some period of time? The word "fund" being used for settlement escrow is what's confusing me--I'm surprised they don't call it an "escrow payment" if the lawyer doesn't hold onto it for some reason.

Very very little of this thread has anything to do with you, you just don't see that.

Not to harp on Mark b/c I think he did get caught up in it as many do and he seems like an alright fella. But you're absolutely right and am glad somebody pointed it out. This thread is primarily all about Doug.