• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can everyone else get to the Comics "Control Panel" main page?

18 posts in this topic

While Gemma has been trying her best to help me today, nothing has worked.

My problem is this:

When I click on the "comics" tab next to the "coin" tab I get the following error page:

largeerrorpage.jpg

The "Coin" tab works perfectly and brings up the Coin control panel, but nothing I do will get the "Comics" control panel to load.

I have tried deleting my cached pages and cookies and even using different browsers and computers.

Always I get the same error page.

What gives? (shrug)

Anyone else having problems?

No problem here. Have you emptied your cache?

Yes I have.

I have even tried using new computers that have never been to the Collectors Society page before.

I still get the error page every time.

The strange thing is that the coin control panel page works just great.

However I do not collect coins. :(

The only workaround I have is to click on "My Collection / Set Manager" then navigate alphabetically to one of my comic sets.

I can no longer just see all of my sets in the Control panel.

Very frustrating.

Change your password. PM your username and password to some one you trust. See if they can get in. Once you have your results, change your password back.

I suggested the same thing to Gemma.

She may try that tomorrow.

The "Edit Account" button is on the Control panel page that I can not get to. doh!

Luckily I remembered that I could get to the coin control panel and it will let me change it there. :applause:

I can get there fine however, I have seen that page quite a few times recently when uploading new books to my registry.

Speaking of new books uploaded to the registry.

(worship) to your X-Men 1-300 that you just posted a couple of days ago.

I have a long way to go to get close to that monster.

I can get there fine however, I have seen that page quite a few times recently when uploading new books to my registry.

Speaking of new books uploaded to the registry.

(worship) to your X-Men 1-300 that you just posted a couple of days ago.

I have a long way to go to get close to that monster.

Thanks, man. It's proving to be a great run to collect. My 1-present set is the largest collection I have. It is creeping closer to 600 books all the time.

OK. For those that care, the problem will be fixed soon when they update the site later today. :wishluck:

Turns out the problem was with CGC and not me. :applause:

Here is the official explanation from Gemma:

"They said that the issue was caused by a change in the ranking system for comics, so somehow your rank was the same as another user, which created an error on your Control Panel. They were receiving an exception error message but it was not clear what users were affected. Once they started to investigate and realized that you were the one who had the error they narrowed down the problem and will be fixing it with the upcoming release. "

I'm not sure who the other user was, but I guess he does not use the comics control panel as much as I do. Not being able to get to that page has been driving me crazy for weeks.

What a strange problem.

:applause: You know of course this allows the other user to see all of the personal confidential information on your computer :baiting:

Good thing I just took down all my top secret spy plans. ;)

Disaster averted.