• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How high will it go? Hulk #181 CGC 9.8 on ebay

132 posts in this topic

Someone backed out on their bid.

Funny how some people will bid, back out because they "entered wrong bid amount", and never bid again. If you entered the wrong amount, why don't you enter the right amount?

I think they do that to find out the reserve,I wonder if Ebay has a policy against this? hm

I have another theory on the 'backing out' bidder. It is done to expose the max bid of legitimate bidders. I have called E-Bay on this trick but, as expected, they don't care. The 'backing out' bidder could be either the seller or another bidder that desires the item but wants to know how much it will cost him. Seller or bidder, knowing the max bids is powerful information, especially on high priced items.

Just another reason to dislike E-Bay.

Someone retracted, back down to $10,000 hm

Maybe the eBay 10k verified policy?

That sure is interesting. Now the others know what the reserve is based on that person driving up the price until the reserve was shown...then they retract the bids...

I didn't know that would be allowed...

Unless it was the $10k policy.

Marc

The policy is $15,000 not $10g :makepoint:

Ok, good to know. Thanks.

I wouldn't spend that much money on eBay...ever. I think people are just out of their mind spending that much on eBay. But, that's just me.

Final Value Fees = Fail :tonofbricks:

Not so much.

FVF=$96 for first $1000,then 2% x $15000=$396 if sale is $16,000

VS.

$1600 for Clink

or

$3200 lost in buyers premium on Heritage for a $12,800 +$3200BP=$16,000 sale

Ebay is actually still the cheapest online auction site to sell high dollar items.

If it had been listed as just an auction with no reserve,at $16,000 start,FVF=$50 Max!

you are a smart cookie

That sure is interesting. Now the others know what the reserve is based on that person driving up the price until the reserve was shown...then they retract the bids...

Marc

I wouldn't spend that much money on eBay...ever. I think people are just out of their mind spending that much on eBay. But, that's just me.

Not so much.

VS.

$1600 for Clink

or

Ebay is actually still the cheapest online auction site to sell high dollar items.

If it had been listed as just an auction with no reserve,at $16,000 start,FVF=$50 Max!

you are a smart cookie

Back so soon? lol

Marc

Not so much.

VS.

$1600 for Clink

or

you are a smart cookie

Back so soon? lol

:ohnoez:

Marc

Not so much.

VS.

$1600 for Clink

or

you are a smart cookie

MMMM..Cookies!! :cloud9:

lol

Wow. Ended at 12.1K, reserve not met. That seems low for a 9.8 white page copy, doesn't it?

Welcome to the new world of Bronze.

So high grade bronze has declined in demand?

But in the case of this Hulk 181 9.8, on the high end, average sales has been 18-21K...and I'm assuming these figures are for 9.8 white pages (though GPA does not indicate page quality). That's a huge drop. But quite frankly, 12K makes more sense than 18-21K when you consider where 9.4,9.6 prices are.

Wow. Ended at 12.1K, reserve not met. That seems low for a 9.8 white page copy, doesn't it?

I think the less than perfect centering of the book could have a lot to do with it. And there are now 36 9.8s in the census. There are a lot of them out there and people can hold out for the right copy.