• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

show your WWII battleship covers

62 posts in this topic

One of my favorite battleship covers....in that the Fighting Yank is actually knocking out a gunner from a "real" battleship, the famous German "pocket" battleship Scharnhorst. (Look at the caps on the two gunnery crewman on the right side of the scene).

You just gotta love Schomburg's attention to detail.

StartlingComics26cgc80.jpg

One of my favorite battleship covers....in that the Fighting Yank is actually knocking out a gunner from a "real" battleship, the famous German "pocket" battleship Scharnhorst. (Look at the caps on the two gunnery crewman on the right side of the scene).

You just gotta love Schomburg's attention to detail.

StartlingComics26cgc80.jpg

Schomburg also did a WWII battleship coloring book.

1819007345_de663c7335_z.jpg

2078212643_bb5771c2d6_b.jpg

The ships are really in the background and the airplane is more prominent but it is my favorite warship cover.

The Subby aircraft carrier cover is probably closer to the theme of the thread.

War in the pacific was all about aircraft carriers.

2087449815_f9fe134f5d_b.jpg

USA had the carrier advantage after Midway and they had radar and PB-1 aircraft.

English Navy was supported by the Spitfires which were superior to anything the German airforce had at the beginning of the war. Mustangs with the Rolls Royce engine supported the bombers that demolished German industry.