• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prehero Cover Contest: Journey Into Mystery Round 1

JIM Cover Contest:Round 1  

96 members have voted

1. 1. JIM Cover Contest:Round 1

30 posts in this topic

I think 15's too many... :baiting:

You may have a point. This time out I struggled to find 5 covers that I really liked. Some very uninspired work here, when compared to previous contests. :(

You may have a point. This time out I struggled to find 5 covers that I really liked. Some very uninspired work here, when compared to previous contests. :(

Everyone's tastes are different. I think there are many great + classic covers here + personally had no trouble picking 15. I think its important to note that Kirby didn't just completely repeat himself from TTA + TOS and tried some different ideas here. Certainly adds to my appreciation of his work. :takeit:

Everyone's tastes are different. I think there are many great + classic covers here + personally had no trouble picking 15. I think its important to note that Kirby didn't just completely repeat himself from TTA + TOS and tried some different ideas here. Certainly adds to my appreciation of his work. :takeit:

The Kirby covers are nice but the Ditko covers are much nicer in my opinion.He really out did himself on a couple of covers in this run.

The Kirby covers are nice but the Ditko covers are much nicer in my opinion.He really out did himself on a couple of covers in this run.

Speaking of which, surprised to see this one not gettin' much love: :sumo:

JIM58.jpg

I voted for my top 4 (15 is way, way too many)

And when we had 10 or 12 votes in the 1st round it was too few for some people.

Lets try to keep the focus on the covers + the books themselves please.

Oh sure, there will always be someone to complain, but you are passing on almost half of the field when you really only care about the top few. I agree if it was 1-82 then give 15, but not with just 33 :)