• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mrmitchgro's first sales thread - SA/BA XM

20 posts in this topic

Hi all, thanks for taking a look at my first try at selling on the boards. I've sold on ebay a little recently (user name mitch232), including slabbed copies of ASM 1, XM 1, and TOS 39 in recent months. I know that's not the kind of street cred some of the other boardies have, but it's somewhere to start!

First off, if I do something stupid, please let me know! If I leave out any details, give me a shout and I'll update my post.

Paypal only please. Shipping will be $10 for the flat rate USPS Priority box. International buyers please shoot me a PM and I'll give you a shipping quote. I'll combine shipping for up to 3 slabs.

Standard rules apply: no buyers from the probation list, :takeit: trumps any PMs, but PMs are certainly welcome.

Only 5 books for the first go around, but hopefully they'll sell and you guys will get a crack at some of my better stuff! Here we go...

Maybe press it, and have the CT removed. Maybe it would grade Blue 8.0?

Sorry to hear you got ripped off by Alex Nisthal (lexerific) on ebay.

That's good advice... I've thought about doing that, and I may if I can't sell the book here.

And thanks, the books I bought from him and Narbeh were early on, before the great posts that people did here warning about their racket. Oh well, just get what I can for it and move on :wishluck:

If Matt had them didn't he say whether the color touch was removable or not? Two of mine were not and they got sent back to me. One did come from cdpaoli, an ASM40 suggested to be 9.0/9.2. Color touched and 7.5 made it unworthy for CGC.

At the time I didn't get his opinion on removing the CT. He thought there may have been some other work done to the book, so I just left it alone. Now that I know it only has the CT, I should probably take it back to see. I live in Dallas so I just take my books in person (thumbs u

DFW is good and bad - I save on shipping to Matt, but whenever I want to buy from anyone here (including Heritage and Matt's Worldwide Comics), I have to factor in another 8.25% for sales tax.

Needless to say I've only ever bought one book from Heritage...

DFW is good and bad - I save on shipping to Matt, but whenever I want to buy from anyone here (including Heritage and Matt's Worldwide Comics), I have to factor in another 8.25% for sales tax.

Agreed.

I hate it when I click on a book, only to find out it is from Heritage. Local taxes. :frustrated:

Agreed.

I hate it when I click on a book, only to find out it is from Heritage. Local taxes. :frustrated:

Let's get all the boardies from TX to go in on a PO Box across the state line. It would give me an excuse to gamble in Shreveport! :devil:

X-Men #3 Apparent 9.0 SP $700 $650

This was a lexerific ebay special - below my cost on it, but hey, lesson learned...

XM390SPfront.jpg

XM390SPback.jpg

:news:

One bump for a price drop on the #3 NOW $650

#31 and #63 are still available as well, so feel free to drop me a PM with offers!