• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

To My Friends Attending Wizard World Next Week

93 posts in this topic

I recall you being disturbed by Watson even knowing about that hand-in-a-spoon-looks-like-a-naked-chick-bending-over video last week...but you being aware of this video and posting it not only doesn't disturb me, it makes complete and total sense. hm:insane:

I recall you being disturbed by Watson even knowing about that hand-in-a-spoon-looks-like-a-naked-chick-bending-over video last week...but you being aware of this video and posting it not only doesn't disturb me, it makes complete and total sense. hm:insane:

I think he had it in his favorites. :blush:

I think he had it in his favorites. :blush:

+1

Thursday afternoon about two hours before the show opens. Peter Katz, show manager and VP at Wizard, introduces himself to me and apologizes for the terrible way I was treated and hands me 40 passes.

He then asks me to introduce him to Larry Charet and proceeds to thank him for starting the show and selling it to Wizard. He then asks us to work with them to help make the show better.

He was honest and sincere in his apology and we shared a hug when it was over.

I was shocked. I would NEVER have thought this would happen. Never.

And it never would have happened if it weren't for Bob Storms. Bob spoke to Peter about the situation and opened Peter's eyes.

Thanks, Bob. Your new title is no longer "Board Curmudgeon". It's now the "Great Conciliator."

It's much appreciated, pal.

Thursday afternoon about two hours before the show opens. Peter Katz, show manager and VP at Wizard, introduces himself to me and apologizes for the terrible way I was treated and hands me 40 passes.

He then asks me to introduce him to Larry Charet and proceeds to thank him for starting the show and selling it to Wizard. He then asks us to work with them to help make the show better.

And it never would have happened if it weren't for Bob Storms. Bob spoke to Peter about the situation and opened Peter's eyes.

Thanks, Bob. Your new title is no longer "Board Curmudgeon". It's now the "Great Conciliator."

great to hear... I always liked bob, but especially after talking with him saturday night at the forum dinner, he is the "hub" of information... one would be wise to heed his advice or ask for his assistance (thumbs u

great to hear... I always liked bob, but especially after talking with him saturday night at the forum dinner, he is the "hub" of information... one would be wise to heed his advice or ask for his assistance (thumbs u

We are talking about Bob Storms here, right?

I directed Peter's attention to this thread after it began to pick up speed in the first few days.

For all the negative things that people say about Wizard, Peter is a terrific guy who over the past couple of years has gone out of his way to try and make each show better and better. He invites and listens to feedback and tries to implement improvements (to my knowledge) as best as they can.

I'm really glad that you guys could work things out as Gary working with Wizard can only mean a better Chicago show!

:cloud9:

For all the flak we give them, the folks at Wizard were very helpful and accommodating. There was an issue with how HOTFLIPS had set up their sign, so a couple of guys from Wizard had it secured from the ceiling for free. Very nice gesture as they normal charge $200 to do that

I directed Peter's attention to this thread after it began to pick up speed in the first few days.

For all the negative things that people say about Wizard, Peter is a terrific guy who over the past couple of years has gone out of his way to try and make each show better and better. He invites and listens to feedback and tries to implement improvements (to my knowledge) as best as they can.

I'm really glad that you guys could work things out as Gary working with Wizard can only mean a better Chicago show!

:cloud9:

(thumbs u

We are talking about Bob Storms here, right?

Yes, the Godfather himself. People walk by and kiss his ring. If he punched you in the face, you would be hard pressed not to thank him for it. He doesnt always drink, but when he does, its Dos Equis.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Great stuff to hear, Gary! Glad that Wizard finally did something right after all the SNAFUs they've created lately.

It was great meeting and talking to you for a few fleeting seconds at the show!

Tim