• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Portland comic & pop culture festival

29 posts in this topic

Hey,

I finally broke down and decided that if I want to have a show that I really like in my hometown then I need to be the one to put it on, so I am officially soliciting advice, recommendations, ideas, etc. from people that wish to share them. We are shooting for April or May 2011, should have a date locked in next week and will at some point after that start a thread in the comic events area here.

We have a nice 5600 sq. ft. room for the main hall with another 2600 sq. ft. room for events/speakers/etc. in addition to a 2000 sq. ft. foyer near the entrance for entry lines, displays, freebies, etc! All in a nice centrally located hotel very close to downtown and all major public transit. I would really like to have a great charity auction at the show, but I am thinking people may shy away from putting interesting items in the 1st year.

Let me know what you would like to see (or not see) in a small to medium sized con...

Perhaps set your downtown Portland 1(?) day con 2 weeks after Seattle's Emerald City comic-con to dovetail on their strong attendance with lots of flyers. Have to be careful when selecting your weekend to not coincide with big cons like Wondercon San Francisco, etc. Good luck! I am sure greggy will enjoy your con better if you have a cosplay costume contest. He will be trolling with videocam. (tsk)

May 14th/15th are the most likely dates at the moment. Trying to avoid other comic shows, anime cons, etc as well as local sporting events at the nearby Rose Garden (so we will have easier parking). Costume contest for sure.

I'm in Springfield......so I'll be keeping an eye and ear open for your progress

I'm in Coos Bay, so if you hear anything, fire a couple of rounds over the mountain.

I'm in Lakeview, so there might be a snowball's chance...., :cool:

I'm in Springfield......so I'll be keeping an eye and ear open for your progress

I'm in Coos Bay, so if you hear anything, fire a couple of rounds over the mountain.

Do they have comics in Lakeview ?? oh thats right......you got internet recently :baiting:

Do they have comics in Lakeview ?? oh thats right......you got internet recently :baiting:

And flush toilets too!!! :banana:

uh-oh .... nwpassage is gonna be jealous ;)

uh-oh .... nwpassage is gonna be jealous ;)

He lives at the end, where all that stuff flows into the sea...., ;)

lollollol
At least I don't live in Drain :mad:
You'd rather live downstream from Drain? ???

Its a dirty job ....but somebodies gotta do it

woo hoo no more splinters

lrg-28-shore_acres_wave__1200.jpg

We actually spent our honeymoon in and around Shore Acres area - I've got photos I took in 1984 that are almost identical!