• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Star Rider and the Peace Maker #1"

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone remember or have a copy of Star Rider and the Peace Maker #1. I had picked up a copy back in the early 80s and then traded it away. The magazine was published by an independent publisher. Could someone scan the book and post it here?

Thanks,

John

"Challenging the conventional wisdom"

Note that it is called "Star Rider and the Peace Machine". I either have a copy or I just got rid of it for about ten cents. Sorry. It was published by Richard Comely. One or both of the issues had art by Tom Grummett. It was black and white inside. Richard had published Captain Canuck but I am not sure if he had rights to the character at the time. This might have been his attempt to return to publishing comics after he had relinquished the rights to Captain Canuck. The cover looks like he did it. Richard is a bit of a celebrity in Canada, so when he prints something people here who are of his generation and care about comics notice it. I have no idea if it had an impact in the USA.

. The cover looks like he did it. Richard is a bit of a celebrity in Canada...

That cover reminds me a lot of some early 80s TSR Dungeons and Dragons Module covers and other artwork. Wonder if any of it was his freelance work??? (I've got a digital archive of all of TSRs publications but I'm gonna have to get much less busy to dig through it.)

--EDIT

Nmind, a quick check and I confirmed I'm thinking about some pieces done by a fellow named Willingham.

That cover reminds me a lot of some early 80s TSR Dungeons and Dragons Module covers and other artwork. Wonder if any of it was his freelance work??? (I've got a digital archive of all of TSRs publications but I'm gonna have to get much less busy to dig through it.)

--EDIT

Nmind, a quick check and I confirmed I'm thinking about some pieces done by a fellow named Willingham.

I don't know if you are being tongue in cheek or not, but that is Bill Willingham of Fables (and much 80's indy stuff) fame.

--EDIT

I don't know if you are being tongue in cheek or not, but that is Bill Willingham of Fables (and much 80's indy stuff) fame.

Yup I looked at Willingham (thanks Wiki) afterwards and found his connection to comics.