• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comments requested

40 posts in this topic

Lost in Translation... crazy.gif

For those that havent seen this movie... I lost one hour and thirty minutes of my life to this movie with no point

sign-rantpost.gif

I thought it had a pretty basic and universal point and it was one of my favorite movies of the year... chalk that up to "eye of the beholder" I guess.

Care to tell me what the universal point was that you got out of it ? Im still scratchin my head over that one...

For those that havent seen this movie... I lost one hour and thirty minutes of my life to this movie with no point

sign-rantpost.gif

I thought it had a pretty basic and universal point and it was one of my favorite movies of the year... chalk that up to "eye of the beholder" I guess.

Care to tell me what the universal point was that you got out of it ? Im still scratchin my head over that one...

Two disaffected people meet in a strange, alien culture, physically (in Bill Murray's case) and emotionally (in Charlotte Johansson's) separated from all that ties them to their "regular" lives. Together they rediscover the joy that has gone missing from their relationships and lives. It's a celebration of the joy of living and the delirious electricity generated by an honest, heartfelt connection between two people.

I would tell the buyer if he can send me a copy of his e-mail confirmation of the $2800 bid I would let him off the hook. He will lnform you it was deleted.

At that point you tell him it's OK, all he needs to do is click on the little icon that says "deleted items" and it'll still be there because no one ever empties their deleted items folder. grin.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

Two disaffected people meet in a strange, alien culture, physically (in Bill Murray's case) and emotionally (in Charlotte Johansson's) separated from all that ties them to their "regular" lives. Together they rediscover the joy that has gone missing from their relationships and lives. It's a celebration of the joy of living and the delirious electricity generated by an honest, heartfelt connection between two people.

Rob... Just being honest... I read your response to my wife, and when I got to the part about this being one of your favorite movies of the year... my wife busted out laughing....! She also thought the movie was an hour and half of her life she would never get back. Cutting you some slack though, it is only March 1st, so maybe you only saw 1 other movie this year.

insane.gif

sign-rantpost.gif

Rob... Just being honest... I read your response to my wife, and when I got to the part about this being one of your favorite movies of the year... my wife busted out laughing....! She also thought the movie was an hour and half of her life she would never get back. Cutting you some slack though, it is only March 1st, so maybe you only saw 1 other movie this year.

insane.gif

No worries. I worked as a movie critic for several years, so I'm not overly concerned over people disagreeing with me. If people not liking what I liked bothered me I'd never be able to form and pass along my own opinions over fears that they'd be rejected.

Just out of curiosity what's your idea of a good recent movie?

Well considering that most of the movies I get to see are rentals...

The last actual movie I saw at the theater was LOTR ROTK - excellent movie.

Before that was Haunted Mansion -what can I say.. I got a 10yr old son...

its a kid's movie.. no question about it.

Rentals...

American Wedding - I nearly peed myself when the guy had dog dookie in his mouth. Id rate it as a funny movie but not great...

Im in no means implying that your opinion of "LOST.." is a bad opinion. All Im saying is that for me and my wife... it was a waste of our time..

Kinda like the movie The English Patient which won in 96 or 97 for best movie.

That was the biggest waste of 3 hours I can remember in a long time.....

Kinda like the movie The English Patient which won in 96 or 97 for best movie.

That was the biggest waste of 3 hours I can remember in a long time.....

I have to agree on that one.

Has anyone reported a HiJacked thread yet?

Im in no means implying that your opinion of "LOST.." is a bad opinion.

Don't worry about it. I've had people write me detailed letters explaining to me why I should be drawn and quartered for not liking such and such a film, this sort of friendly thing doesn't bother me in the slightest.

you thought the english patient was a waste of 3hrs of your life?!? confused.gifforeheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif titanic on the other i can understand, i still have not watched the whole friggin movie just like E.T. insane.gif

So wait.. You mean you LIKED The English Patient, but on the other hand couldnt watch Titanic? Whats not to like about Titanic (aside from Leonardo DiCaprrio) ?

There's all this crazy [!@#%^&^] going on and the boat is sinking into ice cold water, and people are fighting for their life, but you couldnt watch it? If nothing else, skip to the middle of the movie where the ship hits the iceberg... I think you'd enjoy the last hour of that movie.

leo doesn't bother me like it does most guys who are hating on him for being handsome. 893naughty-thumb.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif what bothers me is i know what happens at the end and the damn theme song from celine dion! *insert puke graemlin here* 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif as for the last half hour of the movie, that's the only part i watched. thumbsup2.gif

even Celine's theme song. I'm seeing her in Vegas in May.

4_2_204.gif

Im Canadian and bere with me when I say this - the ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT CELINE.......I CANT EVEN SAY HER WHOLE NAME - IS THAT SHE WAS INSPIRATION FOR ONE OF THE ALL TIME BEST SOUTH PARK EPISODES - You get her Robert Smith 14_4_100.gif

Oh and this thread has officially been hijacked and I hate doing that too, someone just said the "C" word sorry.gif FD

There is no invoice. That's what my problem is. What he received from me is what was posted. What he would have gotten from eBay is something saying "Congratulations, you were the winner of Fantastic Four 87 High Grade Gem! with a winning bid of $77.00.

He clearly wants to get out of the bid.

Yes he does. You need to decide if you are going to let him out just to get rid of him. Or you could neg him, but I think he PROBABLY will retaliate and neg you back even though he is without question is in the WRONG!

If it were me, I would let him out and do what Redhook suggested: offer the underbidders - hey, if that does not work, apply for Final Value fees back and you can always re-list later.

Now, the auction was a FF issue. Had this been an ASM with sequel imminently approaching, a case could be made of forcing the issue as the timing of auctions and the product relating to the timing of event( movie) would be relevant.

Sorry this had to happen to you, sir, and I am sure this happens to all of us one time or another. IMO, a bad Seller is a bad thing, but the deadbeat bidders in some ways are far WORSE for internet commerce. You can always stay away from a bad Seller but one never knows when that terrible Buyer will stumble on your auctions and ruin them and ruin your feedback as the inevitable result. eBay needs to figure out a system where you cannot be retaliated against( unless you deserve the retaliation). Probably asking too much here, but I can always dream, right????

CAL