• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Water stain fix???

5 posts in this topic

I was curious to know if there are any ways to eliminate water stain damage on books. I was flipping through some of my stuff earlier today and noticed a few of my earlier silver age jla's have some minor water stains along the spine and lower portion of the books that i hadnt noticed when i had bought them. Ive never run into this problem before since i usually avoid these types of damaged books altogether. Aside from proffesional restoration, is there anything i can do myself? cool.gif

have greggy press them between those cheeks of his and....

oh, that only works on goldenage.....

I have some Capt Marvels that have water dots on the back covers.

I have no idea where, when or why, or how to have them removed.

Water stains can be removed by a professional, although it will be clear that the stains have been removed by resto and the book will get a PLOD if submitted.

Water stains are just about the worst thing that can happen to a comic book, and I am not aware of anything that can be done to reverse it, even by a pro restorer.