• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

I used to have what was referred to as the "Blue Wolverine Hologram" Wolverine issue 75 with an all-blue hologram (not gold/green like the original). I had it back in the 90's when I had my shop - it was like a sideshow thing, people would come in and check it out, mostly because no one had ever heard of it, or seen another one around, and it wasn't for sale. To this day, there is not a single reference to it anywhere that I have ever found.

Eventually, I did surmise that it was more than likely a make-ready that snuck it's way through the bindery process, bad hologram and all. There were registration issues on the inside of the book as well that clued me into that once I learned more about the printing/prepress process. I ended up giving it away to my number 1 Wolverine customer when I sold my shop and got rid of all my stock.

Is this it?

3dbf6818.jpg

I totally remember this. It may have been listed in Wizard's price guide way back when but I have nothing to substantiate that save my booze-soaked memory.

Here's my contribution to the error book. One of a kind (thus far.) courtesy of Mr. Green.

51943bd3.jpg

So what's the error? No foil? (shrug)

This is what the book looks like. Prism foil, baby! :headbang:

de84483f.jpg

This is NOT the absolute hardest to find 90's book.

BUT... if you can find one, you should grab it when you see it.

Eternal Warrior #27 triple-signed with a COA from Valiant Validated Signature Series

(Last sale today 7/7/2012 for $353)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370627242538

VVSSeternalwarrior27.jpg

VVSSeternalwarrior27cert.jpg

You got that right :foryou:

IMG_1159.jpg

I know I'll catch hell for this, but I just have to say that with 82 graded copies of this book, I'm thinking it really doesn't belong in the "rarest book of the 90's" thread. I love this book, and I'm not hatin'. Now the white copy... Completely different story.

You got that right :foryou:

IMG_1159.jpg

I know I'll catch hell for this, but I just have to say that with 82 graded copies of this book, I'm thinking it really doesn't belong in the "rarest book of the 90's" thread. I love this book, and I'm not hatin'. Now the white copy... Completely different story.

Plenty easier to find comics get mentioned in here. It's a legitimate rarity. I'm not a huge fan of errors and variants myself, but for those who are I imagine this is a good one.

Just channeling my inner RMA. I believe his original point of thread was numbers, not popularity. The no UPC venom, hulk 393 error, and the deathlok i posted qualify based on numbers alone. And I understand why some wouldn't want errors included, because they were not intended to exist. Don't get me wrong, the Venom is a killer book. I want one, myself. My only question was, is this as rare as people think if there are 82 graded copies? Maybe. Regardless, keep posting them. They are cool to look at.

lol This book might not be super rare !!! but its the hardest to find, due to it's being the best looking error cover of all time, not to many people like to give it up ;) BTW this thread is called the Absolute Hardest to find 90's book, not super rare to one :sumo:

If the venom book is green lighted for this thread, and is an error book, then why wouldn't the Deathlok? It's an error book, as well. One copy or not, it's in the same error category, and there's only one thus far. Just my 2c

Your rare error comic is more then welcomed here, (thumbs u just know this your copy limited to one dont match up to this Venom error cover, due to it being such an Awesome cover !!! I just cant see to many error copys out there coming close to this do you ? BTW there are more Venom fans then Deathlok out there, thats my 2c

Your rare error comic is more then welcomed here, (thumbs u just know this your copy limited to one dont match up to this Venom error cover, due to it being such an Awesome cover !!! I just cant see to many error copys out there coming close to this do you ? BTW there are more Venom fans then Deathlok out there, thats my 2c

If this thread was a popularity contest, there's no doubt the venom would be far more popular than the deathlok book. The venom is the most popular and well known error comic that I can think of, but if we're going by numbers, (which is what I believe RMA is asking), the Deathlok book wins. It's irrelevant that it's mine. I'd rather have a venom black. Trade?

:applause:(tsk) but still no trade, will talk if you ever land the White Venom error lol

Oh snap! I'd probably keep a white, though. Sorry. :foryou:

I'm wondering myself, whether or not another copy is out there. If the person who does have the one copy were to sell, I could see it getting 5 figures (as long as it's the only copy.)