• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

I was going through some long boxes of Marvel comics preparing to sell at a local indoor flea market this coming weekend and found this:

Rare 3rd Printing

Hulk377VF3rdprinting.jpg

Thank god I went through those boxes a 2nd time! :eek:

:takeit:

*edit* wait, didnt you buy that from me?

Don't believe so. I think this was part of a local buy back when I lived in northern Illinois. For the longest time I was sure I had one but didn't locate it until this morning.

well, to be fair, made valuable by its actual rarity and simply pointed out by these boards. :)

The Hulk? I think so. I haven't seen many. There's a few books I can think of that will have a similar result, due to the boards knowledge.

This is NOT the absolute hardest to find 90's book.

BUT... if you can find one, you should grab it when you see it.

Eternal Warrior #27 triple-signed with a COA from Valiant Validated Signature Series

(Last sale today 7/7/2012 for $353)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370627242538

VVSSeternalwarrior27.jpg

VVSSeternalwarrior27cert.jpg

Nice.

How many copies of the Turok #1 VVSS with the Second Life of Dr. Mirage #1 VVSS coupon have ever turned up? I know I sold one on your Valiant board about 10 years ago and one of the other boardies said he had one as well.

I do not think any more have turned up. Maybe a couple certs that were nearly cut in half but that is all that comes to mind.

How many copies of the Turok #1 VVSS with the Second Life of Dr. Mirage #1 VVSS coupon have ever turned up? I know I sold one on your Valiant board about 10 years ago and one of the other boardies said he had one as well.

Just those two SLDM #1 certificates, as far as I know.

We did a fan project with a "replica" of the certificate but it's clearly marked on the back as a fan project and there's no red foil on the front.

well, to be fair, made valuable by its actual rarity and simply pointed out by these boards. :)

The Hulk? I think so. I haven't seen many. There's a few books I can think of that will have a similar result, due to the boards knowledge.

Sorry.. Yeah was referring the Hulk #377, not your Hulk book. :o

Edited by sl4ppy

Sorry.. Yeah was referring the Hulk #377, not your Hulk book. :o

Even though the Hulk is the prominent figure on the cover, for some reason it's known as the spiderman jawbreaker promo. (shrug)

Found this one the other day for nothing.

I will upload a scan tomorrow

Sunglasses After Dark 1/2

1995 San Diego Edition

Mile high has it listed at $180 for NM copy which is a joke, but only real acknowledgement of the book. Anyone got any info? I see two on ebay, but cant tell if they are the same copy or if they made another 1/2 that wasnt at San Diego that year.

DSCF0273.jpg

:cloud9:

Been looking a long time for it still no luck.

I did find a 4th and felt somewhat fulfilled, but want the 5th just to say I found one.

There's one on eBay now, but they want way too much. I'd rather find one in a dollar bin somewhere.