• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could a R rated Batman movie work?

55 posts in this topic

Ah well, I was going to cite The Blues Brothers, but theyre criminals too.
Yes, but they are on mission from god so they don't count as ''criminals'' in the eyes of the church! :grin:

Yes, but they are on mission from god so they don't count as ''criminals'' in the eyes of the church! :grin:

:o Take that Logan!

The Blues Brothers are anti heroes...like the Punisher :headbang:

(call me crazy but) I like the Thomas Jane version!

+1

You're crazy, but I thought it was not too bad. Call ME crazy, I liked the Dolph Lundgren version! :insane:

+1

+2

An R - rated Batman movie... will never happen... so no need to even discuss it. You can get away with so much nowadays it doesn't even matter much. I'd personally like to see it the other way around... lets see a 'Saw' movie go PG... that way they would actually have to write something worthwhile. Make Hitchcock proud.

An R - rated Batman movie... will never happen... so no need to even discuss it. You can get away with so much nowadays it doesn't even matter much. I'd personally like to see it the other way around... lets see a 'Saw' movie go PG... that way they would actually have to write something worthwhile. Make Hitchcock proud.

I noticed more F-bombs in ''13'' movies, but is the Violence in them noticably more intense now? (I haven't seen anything recent except for Superhero flicks)

It's kind of sad that a character that at the very least was created to be all ages is even considered to be in an R rated movie. :(

So if, say, they filmed The Killing Joke for instance, it would be OK for kids to see Babs getting shot in the guts? The Joker taking naked pictures of her? Gordon being led around naked with a dog collar on?

You're aiming your arrows way wide of the mark here, and 20-odd years too late.

Batman is supposed to be a superhero...."supposed" is the key word here :(

No he's not. Never has been, never will be. There's nothing 'super' about him.

It's kind of sad that a character that at the very least was created to be all ages is even considered to be in an R rated movie. :(

So if, say, they filmed The Killing Joke for instance, it would be OK for kids to see Babs getting shot in the guts? The Joker taking naked pictures of her? Gordon being led around naked with a dog collar on?

WAAAY wide given that Batman was created to be violent himself in the early Detective issues and would kill and maim criminals. Within the context of the time that wasn't abnormal as pulp heroes used to do the same thing. I don't think that lasted long--anybody know what caused them to stop that? Parents complaining?

Are we going to argue semantics here? I think in the context of what I said you understood what I meant. I'm assuming you're more of a fan of the crazy ninja Batman and not the Caped Crusader version.

WAAAY wide given that Batman was created to be violent himself in the early Detective issues and would kill and maim criminals. Within the context of the time that wasn't abnormal as pulp heroes used to do the same thing. I don't think that lasted long--anybody know what caused them to stop that? Parents complaining?

Superman used to throw criminals in front of their own bullets when he first started out. I don't think that's a fair representation of the character as a whole, do you?

Are we going to argue semantics here? I think in the context of what I said you understood what I meant. I'm assuming you're more of a fan of the crazy ninja Batman and not the Caped Crusader version.

"Oooooh good for you." (Done in my best Christian Bale lashing out at the lighting guy on Terminator impression.)

"Oooooh good for you." (Done in my best Christian Bale lashing out at the lighting guy on Terminator impression.)

:makepoint:

Batman is a vigilante if you want to argue semantics.

You can assume what you like, and I don't think I've ever read any 'crazy ninja Batman'.

Superman used to throw criminals in front of their own bullets when he first started out. I don't think that's a fair representation of the character as a whole, do you?

I wasn't talking about the Batman character, I was talking about the stories that have been written. Would you say that they were all aimed at kids seeing as they're comics? Were those stories 'sad'?

You can assume what you like, and I don't think I've ever read any 'crazy ninja Batman'.

Really most super heroes are vigilante's aren't they? Unless they are employed by some government or private agency.

Really most super heroes are vigilante's aren't they? Unless they are employed by some government or private agency.

Yes and I think Boozad knows this. Batman may not be a super powered hero, but most people would refer to him as a "superhero". He does the right thing because it's the right thing to do.