• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blowout 3 -- Discounts

696 posts in this topic

Recap of what's left:

Page 37:

TOS 78 VF (tanning inside front cover) $25

Page 39:

Combat Kelly 3 NM- $14

Batman 196 VF $35

Page 40:

X-Men 11 VF $330

Page 45:

Batman 243 VF- (slt tanning halo back cover) $30

Page 46:

JLA 131 NM- $9

Brave and the Bold 115 9.0/9.2 $30

Page 47:

Tec 423 Fine $5

Page 48:

JLA 123 NM- $10

Page 51:

Strange Tales 115 VF- (origin of Doc Strange, nice colors) $240

Page 53:

Nick Fury 6 VF (Slt. tanning back cover) $20

Marvel Premiere 15 Fine (Mark Jeweler's Insert) $25

Silver Surfer 2 NM- $225

I'd be all over that Marvel Spotlight #4, but $70 seems a bit high for a NM-/9.2 book... ?? Or am I crazy?

OSPG 2010 = $100 in 9.2, so that's a bargain. :makepoint:

Hmm the 12mos/9mos and last sale GPA's are all $45ish...

I'd be all over that Marvel Spotlight #4, but $70 seems a bit high for a NM-/9.2 book... ?? Or am I crazy?

Well, don't expect everything sold on the forums to be GPA prices. If you want GPA prices you might as well look elsewhere. To comment in one's thread about their pricing when it's already below OSPG is foolish. (tsk) If you don't like the pricing, your best not to even comment at all. Try considering selling all your books for GPA.. would you be happy?

Well, don't expect everything sold on the forums to be GPA prices. If you want GPA prices you might as well look elsewhere. To comment in one's thread about their pricing when it's already below OSPG is foolish. (tsk) If you don't like the pricing, your best not to even comment at all. Try considering selling all your books for GPA.. would you be happy?

No, no. You're right.

I apologize. (and am a noob at this.)

No, no. You're right.

No worries.. lesson learned. I'm probably one of the most laid back person on the board. Trust me.. others would have you torched up. By the way.. welcome to the boards! (thumbs u

For future reference, the person who ended up buying the four books including this one, simply asked for a discount and got one. I'm pretty easy going and flexible.

No, no. You're right.

My 2c is that there are selling threads or at least books that seem overpriced (and usually they do not sell). Brian is one of the most accurate graders and most fairly priced sellers you will find. He also attends many conventions in many states so he probably has a better than average feel for what a book might sell for. The fact that most of his threads sell out (or at least come close) seems to validate his knowledge as well.

I found that when tempted to "hop" into someone's sales thread, I resisted and just moved on. Good of you to apologize though.

Ed R