• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do people have any limits?

89 posts in this topic

I am simply a watcher since I don't collect real high grades. If the GA cover is pleasing that's enough for me. I am trying to understand the super high grade (gold or silver) buyers mindset.

Is it 1)an investment? The buyers wish to own a rare comic (one of the few high grades) which will be worth more in the future? The investor

2)Is it the thrill of the hunt?- The hobbyist?

3)Is it the concept of flipping to a bigger fool? The momentum player?

Am I missing others? As I said I'm only the observer.

Goldies grading is pretty accurate, not sure about his pricing though! 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Only joshin

And as for this AS price, believe me, I have met the buyer in person, and he is a SERIOUS COLLECTOR just re-joining the trend, and there is a DEEP pocket for good stuff. If you get any it is REALLY worth talking to Leon thumbsup2.gif

And as for this AS price, believe me, I have met the buyer in person, and he is a SERIOUS COLLECTOR just re-joining the trend.

Is there any other kind. 27_laughing.gif

I wonder what a comic fan like Greggy is, who has never left the hobby and doesn't follow trends?

A SERIOUS, SERIOUS, SERIOUS, SERIOUS, SERIOUS, SERIOUS, SERIOUS, SERIOUS, SERIOUS COLLECTOR?

W-E-A-L-T-H-Y grin.gif

Guys like greggy, banner and donut would rank up as "serious" collectors on here, as they've been at it years and don't just jump in at the hottest period in the history of the hobby, and proceed to blow their load on over-priced books.

Longevity, business acumen and the ability to forecast, and not follow, trends would be my prime consideration in awarding that title.

Good one GP, brought a smile to my face. And heres the reply I already had prepared for JC, because I could forsee the response:

As always JC, your annoyance is far too intolerable for me, I cannot continue saying the same thing if the listener has no comprehension of different ways of thinking. Thread jacking is not my style; I dropped that back when the Hammer dropped.

As always JC, your annoyance is far too intolerable for me, I cannot continue saying the same thing if the listener has no comprehension of different ways of thinking.

Cool, but if "different ways of thinking" means that anyone jumping into the CGC market with a wad of cash is automatically a SERIOUS COLLECTOR, then I'm proud to not think that way.

Very, very proud. acclaim.gif

I'm not saying "I'm right and your wrong". It just annoys me that someone can turn around with your attitude and not even understand what I was saying. If you had just put your thoughts across, that would have been fine. But your tone (in print) is getting to me. 893frustrated.gif

I'm not saying "I'm right and your wrong". It just annoys me that someone can turn around with your attitude and not even understand what I was saying. If you had just put your thoughts across, that would have been fine. But your tone (in print) is getting to me. 893frustrated.gif

Maybe now we can get on topic. I've got 22 CGC Spider-Man's going on sale tonight. I hope people will lose their minds in bidding on these:

VIEW ALL AT:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=4gemworks&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

2230041645 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 177 CGC 9.0

2230041786 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 176 CGC 9.4.

2230041981 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 121 CGC 8.0

2230042213 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 119 CGC 9.4

2230082015 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 118 CGC 9.2

2230082905 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 115 CGC 9.2

2230083278 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 112 CGC 9.2

2230086158 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 22 CGC 4.5

2230084312 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 100 CGC 9.0

2230083571 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 111 CGC 9.2

2230087024 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 20 CGC 5.0

2230086635 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 21 CGC 7.0

230087398 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 18 CGC 4.0

2230088917 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 17 CGC 4.5

2230089668 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 16 CGC 2.5

2230091566 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 8 CGC 2.0

2230090179 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 10 CGC 4.5

2230091015 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 9 CGC 7.5

2230092180 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 7 CGC 3.0

2230092590 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 4 CGC 2.5

2230093202 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 6 CGC 7.0

2230094038 AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 5 CGC 7.0

I'm not saying "I'm right and your wrong". It just annoys me that someone can turn around with your attitude and not even understand what I was saying.

I feel the exact same way about your comments. Small world, eh?

I'm not saying "I'm right and your wrong". It just annoys me that someone can turn around with your attitude and not even understand what I was saying.

I feel the exact same way about your comments. Small world, eh?

I go away for the day and miss all the fun. Keep on fighting the good fight, gentlemen! What was the fight about, again?

Keep on fighting the good fight, gentlemen! What was the fight about, again?

Am not. Are to. Am not. Are to. Am not. Are to.

Pretty much like how every conversation with JC ends up. thumbsup2.gif