• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM TFTC 45 and Haunt of Fear 17

10 posts in this topic

From what I can see, these look pretty sharp!

I'm going to guess 8.0-9.0 for both.

That thread in General has got me concerned. I've got a few PGX and would be really pissed off to find they have been trimmed or restored, especially my TOS 39!

From what I can see, these look pretty sharp!

I'm going to guess 8.0-9.0 for both.

That thread in General has got me concerned. I've got a few PGX and would be really pissed off to find they have been trimmed or restored, especially my TOS 39!

Yep, the potential restoration (and condition of the inside of these books) is what's got me really concerned. Just wanted to get an opinion of what can be seen right now, and then I'll go from there (thumbs u

Why not post some pics of that TOS 39 to get some opinions??

They look like 8.0s ... I believe I've seen these listed on eBay before. I'd suggest cracking these out and having another opinion. I've had poor results with pgx EC.

TFTC #23 pgx 7.5 to cgc 7.0

Shock #17 pgx 8.5 to cgc 7.5 (bethlehem, I think pgx actually got this right)

Weird Fantasy pgx 8.0 to cgc 5.5

TFTC #39 pgx 7.0 to 7.5 restored (M Nelson pro screen)

Vault #31 pgx 7.5 to 6.5 (M Nelson pro screen)

A couple more, but I can't remember.

They look like 8.0s ... I believe I've seen these listed on eBay before. I'd suggest cracking these out and having another opinion. I've had poor results with pgx EC.

TFTC #23 pgx 7.5 to cgc 7.0

Shock #17 pgx 8.5 to cgc 7.5 (bethlehem, I think pgx actually got this right)

Weird Fantasy pgx 8.0 to cgc 5.5

TFTC #39 pgx 7.0 to 7.5 restored (M Nelson pro screen)

Vault #31 pgx 7.5 to 6.5 (M Nelson pro screen)

A couple more, but I can't remember.

Good advice. If I do submit, I'll crack them myself first. And I did take at least one of these over to Matt for proscreen (it's nice living in Dallas!), and he did not recommend pressing. But after I crack I'll probably take both over again to make sure.

Best guess through the glare...they look like a couple of 9.0's to me.

I just got my scanner yesterday, so I'm still figuring out my settings.

According to PGX, the TFTC is 7.5 and the Haunt of Fear is 8.0. Thanks for the opinions; I'll let everyone know how they come back from CGC!