• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

closed thread - Underground Lot - Crumb, Pekar, Griffith, Zippy

3 posts in this topic

This was in the mixed age area and I guess it is more appropriate here.

Alrighty, "I'll buy it" (or a PM given the nature of some of this stuff) will suffice to claim, paypal, cash, bullion is fine for payment....

YOU MUST BE OVER 18 TO BUY THIS STUFF!!! Really, if you're under 18 please don't try tp play any games here, I'm not interested in doing anything wrong.

First up I have a nice little batch of 70's undergrounds. Lots of Crumb work and other underground greats (some Pekar, Bill Griffith...honestly, I don't know much about this stuff) in here. Why am I selling them? Honestly, it's just too much to start spinning off into undergrounds for me, too many different printings, too much I'd have to learn, too hard to figure out what this stuff is worth....So, for me, I can enjoy them as the 27th print if my wife buys me a crumb comic for fun to read, I'll leave the 1st prints to the real collectors:

I am looking for $120 shipped (in the U.S.) for this group. I'd prefer not to bust them up at this time just because I don't want an oddball straggler. All are 1st prints.

Tales of the Toad 3. Bill Griffith. Early Zippy the Pinhead. Really in pretty nice shape, in the 9.0 region with little bit if a spine tick.

toad3.jpg

toad3back.jpg

Thrilling Murder Comics 1. Also in the 9.0-9.2 region, really crisp other than a little bit of transfer on the yellow which you should be able to see from the scan.

murder1.jpg

murder1back.jpg

Bijou Funnies 4. Looks 9.2-9.4ish except the back.

bijou4.jpg

bijou4back.jpg

The People's Comics #1. Nice tight 9.2/9.4ish copy.

peoples1.jpg

peoples1back.jpg

Bicentennial Gross-Outs 1. Structurally looks like it could be 9.2-9.4, maybe more like a 9.0 due to a little bit of scuffing on the spine.

bicent1.jpg

bicent1back.jpg

Winning bidder will also get some undergrounds/alternatives to fill out the box when I dig them up, but nothing particularly vintage or valuable.