• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

True Blood

5 posts in this topic

Well, I've bought the first two issues. I'm finding the art to be really stiff, the dialogue stifled and the plot slow. But my wife wants them for her collection (which mainly centers around Wonder Woman and TV-related comics) so that's where they go. Anyway, I'm not here to complaint about the comic, though the art should be better, I understand scripting might be tough, but here...

http://www.digitalspy.com/comics/s59/true-blood/news/a264076/first-true-blood-comic-book-sells-out.html

While from a potential collectibility standpoint 53K copies is actually good in that fans of the show who missed the comic may pay real money later, that is just a pathetic number if we're talking about the total for all the various regular price covers. This is something that would have sold well into the six figures if in other venues beyond comic shops and they didn't bother. maybe they figure they'll make it up on the TPB. did they even send my comic shop a poster to stick in the window so that folks on the street might know about it? (although they were sold out by 1 p.m. on new comic day anyway)

hmmm, miracle of miracles a bunch more copies of #1 (1st print as far as I can tell) showed up at my shop. i'm guessing file customers who ordered multiples (or store employees) wound up saying no thanks. either that or the shop held some back hoping for back issue demand that never materialized.