• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.5.. My eyes saw it right..

32 posts in this topic

Pretty neat novelty item.

It reminds me of this guy in my area who was advertising comics for sale on CRAIGSLIST. I call him up and we chat and it's clear he's clueless about comics - a fly by night type. I ask him about the grade of his books, because I only NM- or higher copies of the books he was advertising. He then proceeds to tell me they are all 9.7... :blahblah:

Then again, maybe he was right after seeing the DD CGC 9.5..... lol

Pretty neat novelty item.

It reminds me of this guy in my area who was advertising comics for sale on CRAIGSLIST. I call him up and we chat and it's clear he's clueless about comics - a fly by night type. I ask him about the grade of his books, because I only NM- or higher copies of the books he was advertising. He then proceeds to tell me they are all 9.7... :blahblah:

Then again, maybe he was right after seeing the DD CGC 9.5..... lol

Metropolis Comics: OVERSTREET GRADING CRITERIA

"NEAR MINT (NM) (ONE 9.2-9.7): Nearly perfect with only minor imperfections allowed. This grade should have no corner of impact creases, stress marks should be almost invisible, and bindery tears must be less than 1/16 inch. A couple of very tiny color flecks..."

This does hammer home how important it is to keep the noobs informed about the history of this hobby, certainly post CGC.

There's a whole ton of sometimes quite ubelievable sh!te that went on during the last ten years that bears remembering.

Which we could do if half the threads weren't now deleted.

Nik did you notice at the end of your post:

Edited by cgcmod4 (Today at 02:34 PM)

They are on to you man. :baiting:

Unfortunately, I can't remember precisely what I wrote, but it doesn't seem to be any different? :insane:

Probably corrected your spelling :baiting:

Unfortunately, I can't remember precisely what I wrote, but it doesn't seem to be any different? :insane:

Maybe they are finally banning ""? hm

Maybe they are finally banning ""? hm

Rather weirdly, I managed to avoid using that in this post. :insane:

This does hammer home how important it is to keep the noobs informed about the history of this hobby, certainly post CGC.

There's a whole ton of sometimes quite ubelievable sh!te that went on during the last ten years that bears remembering.

Touche! :golfclap:

Actually, I wonder... hm

I don't think anything about my post was changed. However, deleted threads is one of my (many) hobby horses.

I think maybe cgcmod4 might have a sense of humour? (shrug)

Actually, I wonder... hm

I don't think anything about my post was changed. However, deleted threads is one of my (many) hobby horses.

I think maybe cgcmod4 might have a sense of humour? (shrug)

Isn't it rather unusual for a post to be marked as edited by a mod? I thought that posts that aren't mod approved are usually just deleted. (shrug)