• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt Fury #1 war or super-hero comic?

122 posts in this topic

"All in all i cant believe how cheap Fury #1 is in comparison to the other Marvel comics of 1963 but I'm sure that it will start moving upwards when people realise that this comic came out just 2 months after Spidey #1 and TOS #39 and is truly one of the Silver Age Marvels top 5 scarce books in mid-high grade."

Amen, brother.

Earlier I had a look at GPA and it seems that word is already out as it has gone up in nearly all sales of mid-high grade over the last year, although that being said there haven't exactly been a lot of them as the census numbers are so low.

Makes me wonder if the movie speculation has already started to take root ?

Thirdgreenham got $6871 for his CGC 8.5 copy of Sgt. Fury #1. (auctioned through Heritage)

Difficult to say whether this is a big price or not.

On an 8.5 comparison to other early silver age marvels this book is still under valued at $6.8k but when you look at the 12 month GPA figures there are lots of green arrows across the board.

Early movie hype or the beginning of a correction in price?

Thirdgreenham got $6871 for his CGC 8.5 copy of Sgt. Fury #1. (auctioned through Heritage)

On an 8.5 comparison to other early silver age marvels this book is still under valued at $6.8k but when you look at the 12 month GPA figures there are lots of green arrows across the board.

It's never going to match the price of other early Marvels, in the same way that Marvel romance or westerns will never reach the same price as comparable superhero issues.

It's a war book, not a superhero book, and there is a large segment of Marvel collectors who will never be interested in the book (in fact, they'll be more interested in Sgt Fury 13). Which is too bad because I thought Sgt Fury was one of the best written Marvel titles.

I wonder what my trimmed 5.0 is worth...? hm

lol

I wonder what my trimmed 5.0 is worth...? hm

lol

I'll take it off you if you pay me a $1 :baiting:

It's never going to match the price of other early Marvels, in the same way that Marvel romance or westerns will never reach the same price as comparable superhero issues.

It's a war book, not a superhero book, and there is a large segment of Marvel collectors who will never be interested in the book (in fact, they'll be more interested in Sgt Fury 13). Which is too bad because I thought Sgt Fury was one of the best written Marvel titles.

Agree with you that it is unlikely to ever reach a Hulk #1 pricing level for example (an 8.0 recently sold for $30k) or an ASM #1 (CL 8.5 sale at $27k) but at $6.8k it is undervalued.

I am not sure the comparison works between Nick Fury and Kid Colt. At least not until Morgan Freeman is signed to play Kid Colt in nine Marvel movies.

I am not sure the comparison works between Nick Fury and Kid Colt. At least not until Morgan Freeman is signed to play Kid Colt in nine Marvel movies.

Samuel L Jackson :baiting:

You want him playing Fury AND Kid Colt? Man, I know he likes to stay busy, but that's taking it a bit far. Might as well have him play Millie the Model while he's at it

You want him playing Fury AND Kid Colt? Man, I know he likes to stay busy, but that's taking it a bit far. Might as well have him play Millie the Model while he's at it

MtM133FDec65.jpg

MtM133FDec65.jpg

love it

I agree with you also, i just think that the price level should be comparable with that of TTA #27, given that both comics are non superhero and are both scarce in mid-high grade.

Just looking through GPA, i cant believe that the last FN copy sold for only $926, when the last TTA #27 sold for $2225, that kind of diference is unwarented in my mind especially given that Fury is more of a major character in and out of the Marvel Universe

All this talk about Sgt Fury led me to look to see whats available and i see that Heritage has a 6.5 available. Last GPA sale was for $1000 a few months back, does anyone have any idea what the PQ was ?

I sold a slabbed 6.5 copy of # 1 for £400 a few months back. That was a discounted price for a friend, I'm guessing that I could have got significantly more for it if I'd have hung onto it as it was a white pager.