• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Words/Phrases have you learned since being on the Boards?

104 posts in this topic

The old NOD threads/debates/arguments/pressing cluster*spoon*. I actually referred to them as the NOD wars when talking to someone in a PM the other day. I immediately thought to myself, "Damn, I am a full fledged nerd."

Moral Compass

Seriously? You've never heard that term before the boards?

I never paid attention to the phrase until an old poster directed a rant filled pm my way saying he would never do any business with Bedrock City because my "moral compass" was pointed in the wrong direction.

Prior to that it would go in one ear and out the other.

So yeah, the first time I heard it was here. Apparently I've lost a ton of business because of posting here.

Moral Compass

Seriously? You've never heard that term before the boards?

I never paid attention to the phrase until an old poster directed a rant filled pm my way saying he would never do any business with Bedrock City because my "moral compass" was pointed in the wrong direction.

Prior to that it would go in one ear and out the other.

So yeah, the first time I heard it was here. Apparently I've lost a ton of business because of posting here.

That's what you get for non conformism (tsk)

Apparently I've lost a ton of business because of posting here.

Those that aren't doing business with you never did business with you in the first place, so I figure you've gained more than you've lost where that's concerned.

Hello All,

What neat words or phrases dealing with the hobby have you learned since joining the Boards?

Here's a few of mine...

Raw

Slabbed

PLOD, GLOD and NOD (Not to be confused with any of the Dwarves from LOTR)

Drek

Shill

Oh and let's not forget "Poopie Head"

nancyboy

It makes me smile when I hear that

Does this count ?... Not really a online thing though ... That "sick" has some how translated into cool/awesome & what not ... See I hear the word sick & I think flue or cold which I can only think bad things of ... I simply can't see sick as being either of those two things :D