• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My nephew made a Superman's son song

3 posts in this topic

OK, here is the background to the story. When my nephew was 5 years old he appeared in a B movie called public access. The movie did not make a big splash at the time, and we thought nothing of it for many years. Than one day about 6 years ago my nephew finds the movie on VHS. I think that's weird since it was just a B movie that they would put this on video.

Than my eyes saw the cover. "From the director of the Usual Suspects" As soon as I saw that I informed him that the Usual Suspects was an Oscar winning film. Then I realized that the director Bryan Singer had also filmed X-Men 1, and 2. Then I found out that he was director of the upcoming Superman returns movie. Yes, I know it is hated by most on the boards, but so be it.

When we saw the movie we find out the Superman has a son. What is amazing while watching the movie is the kid looked a lot like him as a kid when he played in that movie. I then jokingly tell him "Hey he made a character after you Jason." But what really made our jaws hit the floor was when the character was named Jason. Soon after we watch the commentary to The Usual Suspects. Interestingly enough in the commentary he mentions how he named the characters after people that used to work for him in previous films. So we think, hey if he can do that for the Usual Suspects, than he may of done this with Superman Returns.

So years later, my nephew who has been practicing music pretty heavily for the past 4 years decides to make a song called Superman's Son. And basically Bryan Singer possibly naming the character after him was the inspiration for the song.

Here is the video we made of it.

And for those who may not believe that he was actually in a Bryan Singer film, here is the IMDB link.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0883481/

No replies huh? Wonder why that is? You would think the story would illicit, oh wow that is kind of interesting. But no cigar on that. Is it that no one believes me, no one cares for the song? Why, I just don't get it. Why is this not pretty cool information?