• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

They have to kill off characters. They HAVE to.

Nobody is safe (thumbs u

And by killing off "main" characters like they did in the books it becomes an innovative TV show, and successful.

When I read the trade paperbacks, and got to the one that had Lori and the baby gunned down in the prison I was shocked! And yet, not surprised. The Walking Dead has some "realism" to it as far as what I see happening in the given situations. That is what will happen on the TV show as well. We have seen it with Shane leaving Otis for dead. Now we need to see more of the same

Nobody is safe (thumbs u

And by killing off "main" characters like they did in the books it becomes an innovative TV show, and successful.

When I read the trade paperbacks, and got to the one that had Lori and the baby gunned down in the prison I was shocked! And yet, not surprised. The Walking Dead has some "realism" to it as far as what I see happening in the given situations. That is what will happen on the TV show as well. We have seen it with Shane leaving Otis for dead. Now we need to see more of the same

I think that by reading the comics you are able to relate to and get more into the characters than by watching them on TV. I feel that now we have got to know the characters better over time that they will start getting killed off and have more of an impact.

Nobody is safe (thumbs u

Didn't Lost do the same thing? Boone, Eko, Ana Lucia and Shannon were killed off early.

Did anyone else catch the Xfiles Easter egg?

???

I just watched upsisode 2 and 3 on DVR, an I am happy with both. I wasn't sure how good it was going to be after ep1 but right now, its hitting the mark. I have read the first few issues (6) of Walking Dead, so I'm out of the loop after Season 1, so its all a surprise to me :)

Can't wait for episode 4

I just watched upsisode 2 and 3 on DVR, an I am happy with both. I wasn't sure how good it was going to be after ep1 but right now, its hitting the mark. I have read the first few issues (6) of Walking Dead, so I'm out of the loop after Season 1, so its all a surprise to me :)

Can't wait for episode 4

The TV show doesnt have much to do with the books anyways. Enjoy

I looked at IMDB a few weeks ago and saw how many episodes the actors would be in this year and then quickly diverted my eyes because I knew it would potentially give stuff away.

That said, my guess is that Shane kills Daryl but no one knows this and then later on, Carl shoots Shane to save Rick.

I don't think I'm wrong on the Carl thing because it would harden Carl up some, shock viewers who didn't watch St. Elsewhere in the 80's and be faithful to the book (which I think the teevee folks don't care about as much as we think they do. 6 million teevee viewers vs. less than 50,000 readers. Who do you think feeds that bank?). Watching his son kill someone would also harden up Rick which it also did in the comic.

However, I could be wrong on the Daryl thing as I believe his brother either will tbe Governor or his first mate and the brother v. brother thing would be interesting.

I wonder how far out they write the show. Wonder if they've changed things now that they know that there will already be a season 3?

I looked at IMDB a few weeks ago and saw how many episodes the actors would be in this year and then quickly diverted my eyes because I knew it would potentially give stuff away.

I don't think it's accurate...they list the actress playing Sophia as being in all 13 episodes.

I don't think it's accurate...they list the actress playing Sophia as being in all 13 episodes.

Well they have mentioned her in every episode. hm

lol

I didn't know actors got credit for an appearance if their character gets a mention.

Does that apply for their SAG membership minimums? :grin:

lol

I didn't know actors got credit for an appearance if their character gets a mention.

Does that apply for their SAG membership minimums? :grin:

Yes it does. I'm happy to bring you up to speed on such things. :acclaim:

That number is for both seasons combined. Rick, who we know won't get knocked off, is listed as being in 19 episodes or every episode each season. Others have less.