• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Episode spoilers

Rick's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person who gets EVERYTHING wrong, that girl (can't remember her name as this show is so bad) drops a zombies arm, picks it up, gets back in the truck to show she's hardened and become unemotional. Thingy with the crossbow throws a hissy fit to show he's emotional, Shane is Rick (doing what needs to be done for the group). Old guy is sulking cos he didn't get to sleep with anyone in the tv series. Lori is a 1 dimesional actress and there's some other guy in it. OH! and Hershel changed his mind and became emotional cos he now realises that the dead are dead cos they tried to eat people

How did this get a 3rd season?

It would seem that millions disagree with you? (shrug)

Episode spoilers

Rick's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person who gets EVERYTHING wrong, that girl (can't remember her name as this show is so bad) drops a zombies arm, picks it up, gets back in the truck to show she's hardened and become unemotional. Thingy with the crossbow throws a hissy fit to show he's emotional, Shane is Rick (doing what needs to be done for the group). Old guy is sulking cos he didn't get to sleep with anyone in the tv series. Lori is a 1 dimesional actress and there's some other guy in it. OH! and Hershel changed his mind and became emotional cos he now realises that the dead are dead cos they tried to eat people

High ratings equals more episodes, which hopefully means bigger budget in season 3 as well :)

High ratings equals more episodes, which hopefully means bigger budget in season 3 as well :)

Except season 1 had the highest rating ever for a premium cable show and they still cut the budget.

AMC does not have a good track record of supporting its shows.

Except season 1 had the highest rating ever for a premium cable show and they still cut the budget.

That's true :(:cry: One can only hope. Better yet, cancel that awful show that follows Walking Dead and put that money to better use :)

I don't understand:........ Why doesn't the show follow the book more closely? Kirkman got the book right.....its one of the most addictive reads ever and was good enough to spawn the show. Why change it so much? They always do that to comic book related movies and shows? There is a reason they are popular and have a following. It doesn't make sense to mess with something that is already good. The changes never make it better.

Kirkman said he did this so that it would be so different from the books that he wouldn't have to pay royalties to Tony Moore. :slapfight:

You have a link by chance?

lol, no I don't have a link. I was kidding. Kirkman said on The Talking Dead that he wants the show to be different enough so that the fans of the comics can be in for some surprises and that the reverse then holds true so if fans of the show get into the comics they don't know everything that will or won't happen.

Episode spoilers

and transformers was the second highest grossing movie of 2011. sometimes #'s are just #'s. or as the old saying goes: "eat spoon, 4 billion flies can't be wrong."

And how many couples. Most of the critics here who don't like it seem to be turned off by the drama and want more horror. Maybe the driving force is the female or the couples watching it.

How do we know that we are living in the Golden Age of Zombies?

Is it the several successful comic book series? NO

Is it the record breaking TV ratings for the Walking Dead? NO

It's this:

One of the finest ammunition manufacturers in the world is now producing

ZOMBIE - MAX Ammunition.

Here is a quick crappy phone picture of one of my anti-zombie rifles my AR-15. My favorite one at the moment. This baby is a tack driver at 100 to 200 yards. :)

photo32x.jpg

This here is my main hobby, followed by comics.

Anyone wanna trade some Walking Dead comics for an AK47 or Saiga 12? :cloud9:

Here is a quick crappy phone picture of one of my anti-zombie rifles my AR-15. My favorite one at the moment. This baby is a tack driver at 100 to 200 yards. :)

photo32x.jpg

hm As long as it doesn't get registered in my name and I could file the numbers on it. :devil:

photo32x.jpg

hm As long as it doesn't get registered in my name and I could file the numbers on it. :devil:

It wouldn't matter in Cali, they would lock you up for life with a non California approved and non registered AK.

Anyhow, Comics and Firearms, I can totally understand that one. I've been collecting both on and off for 25+ yrs.

Here is my current AR15 build...I pulled the the Eotech off and put it on my Benelli MR1 just to check it out.

DSC01536.jpg

MR1

6dc767b4.jpg

Here is my Zombie gear...Bushy w/XD(M) yes, the Plate carrier does have rifle plates!

DSC01159.jpg

photo32x.jpg

It wouldn't matter in Cali, they would lock you up for life with a non California approved and non registered AK.

Anyhow, Comics and Firearms, I can totally understand that one. I've been collecting both on and off for 25+ yrs.

Here is my current AR15 build...I pulled the the Eotech off and put it on my Benelli MR1 just to check it out.

DSC01536.jpg

MR1

6dc767b4.jpg

Here is my Zombie gear...Bushy w/XD(M) yes, the Plate carrier does have rifle plates!

DSC01159.jpg

Very nice sir. I still need to swap out the grip on mine for the newer Magpul dark earth colored grip I bought a year ago to match up to the other Magpul stuff on the rifle.

I would never want to live in Cali, too much anti-gun stuff to deal with. There is a local store here in Ohio that has 1 AK47 in stock for sale and it is a "California" legal AK. Who would want to own such a thing in a free state? I believe the small mag on it is like welded so it doesn't detach or something really screwed up.

photo32x.jpg

DSC01536.jpg

MR1

6dc767b4.jpg

DSC01159.jpg

Very nice sir. I still need to swap out the grip on mine for the newer Magpul dark earth colored grip I bought a year ago to match up to the other Magpul stuff on the rifle.

I would never want to live in Cali, too much anti-gun stuff to deal with. There is a local store here in Ohio that has 1 AK47 in stock for sale and it is a "California" legal AK. Who would want to own such a thing in a free state? I believe the small mag on it is like welded so it doesn't detach or something really screwed up.

Thanks, right back at you!

Ya, California has what they call a limit on evil features and you're only allowed like one feature. Lets say for example you want a pistol grip AK, than the magazine must be fixed to the firearm. If you want a detachable magazine, you must have a sporter style stock. Now they do have a device called the Bullet button which allows you to use a pistol grip and detachable magazine. Basically you use the projectile end of a live round to depress the button in order to release the magazine. If I recall right, You have have said device installed and registered in said receiver before building said firearm. Magazine capacity is set at 10rds as well.

So although it's legal to own an AK or AR in California, they sure take the fun out of it.

Edited by WiseGuyX

A little more gun goodness and a pic of one of my dogs who loves to go out shooting.

photo33ta.jpg

You can always use an AK or two for when the zombies attack your home.

photo34z.jpg

Finally my favorite shotty. Russia knows how to make a hell of a fun shotgun. (Still need to finish modding this and moving the trigger and grip back forward like it was designed to be, I just have been lazy.)

picture034eq.jpg

+ 1,000,000,000.01