• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Question:

In watching re-runs, I'm noticing how much zombie bashing there is at close range. Blood splatters everywhere on people's faces yet no one gets infected this way. Case in point: Andrea in the RV shanking a walker in the eye various times. What's up with that? Doesn't make sense. hm

Question:

In watching re-runs, I'm noticing how much zombie bashing there is at close range. Blood splatters everywhere on people's faces yet no one gets infected this way. Case in point: Andrea in the RV shanking a walker in the eye various times. What's up with that? Doesn't make sense. hm

You probably don't follow the comics judging by your question. On the off hand chance the holds true for others I'll voice in opinion in spoiler tags.

Everyone is already infected with the zombie virus. If you fall and break you neck for example, you will be re-animated as a walker. As for zombie bites probably speed up the process or something.

I understand, but what of the peeps that died off in the cars in the same 'highway' episode? I brought this up before regarding Carl taking the Gerber "arsenal" from a dead guy in a vehicle. He wasn't a zombie.

What issue was that explained as I don't recall?

And if that holds true with zombie bites, then the ingestion of the blood should still hold true with similar effects.

Edited by FIREFLY

Kirkman pretty much said on The Talking Dead to just not question why everyone who has died, for example the highway scene in the opening episode this season, hasn't turned into zombies.

I don't think there is really any rhyme or reason to it honestly. I mean I guess it is possible maybe some of the people in the cars hit their heads really really hard crashing and didn't damage the cars yet caused brain damage to not reanimate. I am just gonna enjoy the show for what it is and not question it.

Or I will just blame ancient aliens for the zombie outbreak.

13853013.jpg

hehehe

if you go into detail of any show there is always unanswered questions .

but i still ask the question . like why Clark kent never bothered flying in smallville , is just beyond me ,, super man is such a !

Kirkman pretty much said on The Talking Dead to just not question why everyone who has died, for example the highway scene in the opening episode this season, hasn't turned into zombies.

I don't think there is really any rhyme or reason to it honestly. I mean I guess it is possible maybe some of the people in the cars hit their heads really really hard crashing and didn't damage the cars yet caused brain damage to not reanimate. I am just gonna enjoy the show for what it is and not question it.

Or I will just blame ancient aliens for the zombie outbreak.

13853013.jpg

Yeah, I get it. I'm usually the one that has that opinion. "Just enjoy it." And I am indeed. It's a simple question, but when it comes to doing zombie movies, the increased detail in writing tends to titillate me. For example, like the scene in 28 Days Later where homie get's a blood drop in his eye of infected blood and it turns him quick because of infection...now that freakin' rocked.

hehehe

if you go into detail of any show there is always unanswered questions .

but i still ask the question . like why Clark kent never bothered flying in smallville , is just beyond me ,, super man is such a !

Indeed that is true, but in zombie flicks, this sort of stuff counts...at least for me. Flicks have to be more than bashing zombies. 2c

As for the Smallville Clark Kent, I believe that was a legal issue having to do with the tights and flight combination. (shrug) And Superman would whoop you. lol

Edited by FIREFLY

I understand, but what of the peeps that died off in the cars in the same 'highway' episode? I brought this up before regarding Carl taking the Gerber "arsenal" from a dead guy in a vehicle. He wasn't a zombie.

And if that holds true with zombie bites, then the ingestion of the blood should still hold true with similar effects.

Those that died in the highway episode died from a virus, the 1st virus, before being affected by the 2nd virus. The "zombie" virus (ie the 2nd virus) is the cure, released by the CDC, to combat the 1st virus. Those infected by the 2nd virus first are surviving and only affected by the 1st and 2nd virus mixing after they die.

So 3 groups of people:

People that died from virus 1 before getting virus 2.

People that got virus 1 first then virus 2 before they died (zombies).

People that got virus 2 first, then exposed to virus 1 (survivors or future zombies).

So it's very simple! :makepoint:

Edited by Silent Master

Oh okay,

Kirkman as pointed out above basically said ignore the reason behind those people dead on the hwy. The military probably gased them for something.

As for ingesting stuff like blood accidentally vs being bitten. The accidental blood ingestion would have to past through the stomach and probably get burned up. While a bite would be like being injected into the blood stream via hypodermic and through a wound. Another thing I guess would be a different virus that later mutated into the zombie virus.

That is just my thought on the subject anyhow.

Oh okay,

Kirkman as pointed out above basically said ignore the reason behind those people dead on the hwy. The military probably gased them for something.

As for ingesting stuff like blood accidentally vs being bitten. The accidental blood ingestion would have to past through the stomach and probably get burned up. While a bite would be like being injected into the blood stream via hypodermic and through a wound. Another thing I guess would be a different virus that later mutated into the zombie virus.

Sounds logical - the AIDS virus can not survive or infect you if taken orally (providing no cuts are present in the mouth, throat, etc till it hits the stomach acid)

Those that died in the highway episode died from a virus, the 1st virus, before being affected by the 2nd virus. The "zombie" virus (ie the 2nd virus) is the cure, released by the CDC, to combat the 1st virus. Those infected by the 2nd virus first are surviving and only affected by the 1st and 2nd virus mixing after they die.

So 3 groups of people:

People that got virus 2 first, then exposed to virus 1 (survivors or future zombies).

Ahhh, I see. ;)

Oh okay,

Unless you have a situation like snake venom being sucked out by someone who has cavities and then dies because of the exposure. Or someone that has ulcers from stress can easily be infected. :insane:

Anyway, thanks for explanation, Heath. lol

Had to get my fix again before February. :cloud9:

So 3 groups of people:

Ahhh, I see. ;)

Oh okay,

Unless you have a situation like snake venom being sucked out by someone who has cavities and then dies because of the exposure. Or someone that has ulcers from stress can easily be infected. :insane:

Anyway, thanks for explanation, Heath. lol

Had to get my fix again before February. :cloud9:

It makes you think thats for sure.

Anyhow, TWD is just around the bend!