• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Rick killed a man in cold blood. There was no reason to leave that guy to be zombie food.

Second, Rick showed just how unstable he is by his treatment of the prisoners. If he wants to be on guard, that is fine. Just don't threaten and be such a hard . The way he talked to them and gave ultimatums was ridiculous. It was almost like he was begging for a fight. And if his goal is to protect his family, his actions were NOT helping.

Imagine if Rick had that kind of reception at the farm. lol.

I think this is what DiceX was talking about when he said "a line was crossed "

Big difference between people meeting at a farm and meeting people who are locked up in a prison. There's a whole different set of assumptions you can make about the people you are dealing with.

I think everyone is forgetting that Rick was a police officer. The last person in the world he's going to cut a break to are these inmates. This is a penitentiary, not a jail. Everyone inside is a felon. The most serious criminals society has to offer. I can't imagine a world, even this one, where anyone thinking straight is going to immediately trust someone who could be a child rapist, mass murderer, or psychopath.

Rick gave Rico Suave a chance, and Rico tried to slash him once and then tossed a slack jaw on his junk.

The guy who ran chose his side before Rick killed "Machete", there's no way Rick could let him hang around.

In a way Rick employed the "law of the prison yard". First day in you find the biggest baddest bull in the yard and you knock him the out. Set the tone from day one, strong and weak, your choice.

He pushed them to see what they would do; fall in line, or push back. Rick is the leader. He won't tolerate a challenge, not after Shane. So he got it out of the way. There's room for one Alpha Male.

Rick's actions are the only ones that make complete sense give the situation.

Rick killing Rico Suave was justified. I never said otherwise. Look at what I wrote. I feel like a lot of people are misinterpreting. Rico definitely needed to go.

Rick threatening Rico Suave was a poor decision. I think that is more likely to provoke than to intimidate. That's why I thought it was unwise. I wouldn't say there was anything morally wrong with it. I just thought it was stupid.

However, what I thought was morally wrong and borderline evil, was locking that dude in the yard to be zombie food. That's where the line was crossed. it is interesting to see that happening though. The protagonist is not like 99.9% of the protagonists on tv and I am enjoying it.

It may not have been, bro. Glen Maza, himself, stated that, “Andrew is really Tomas’ right hand man. These guys are really the ones who have been intimidating Axel and Oscar.” He also swung at Rick. He had to go.

I didn't see him as a right hand man. I saw him more as a coward. However, he did take a swing at Rick that I missed. It still look like he was more frightened than anything. Right or wrong Rick is definitely not like most protagonists and that's why I really enjoyed that episode. I don't need zombie killing. I need good characterization.

WDRickTomas1.jpg

Ricktomassickkill1.jpg

Love the "OH mess!" Face on the guy in the background. lol

The first 2 episodes were alright. The show as a whole is ok. I am more excited for an episode of Boardwalk Empire to show.

Boardwalk? Nah. Its good but I don't count the days for a new season. Game of thrones on the other hand...... can't wait!

the first time the prisoners attack the zombies had me howling with laughter. that and the look on rick, t and daryl's faces. finally found a link to watch the episode, and it only played half the episode, so i've gotta wait until friday to watch it. luckily, my ex GF has on demand, so she said just come by while she's at work, and watch it at her place.

the first time the prisoners attack the zombies had me howling with laughter. that and the look on rick, t and daryl's faces. finally found a link to watch the episode, and it only played half the episode, so i've gotta wait until friday to watch it. luckily, my ex GF has on demand, so she said just come by while she's at work, and watch it at her place.

That was pretty funny! It was like they were in the middle of a prison riot rather than fighting zombies

I just finished watching the first two episodes of the season and liked them, but one big problem I have is the zombies giving up the chase.

Multiple times this season the group has ran from zombies, hidden behind doors, waited, and when they open the doors the zombies are gone.

Poor writing here. Zombies don't leave they continue to pound on the door until more zombies show up, and more keep piling up.

Pretty lame.

I just finished watching the first two episodes of the season and liked them, but one big problem I have is the zombies giving up the chase.

Multiple times this season the group has ran from zombies, hidden behind doors, waited, and when they open the doors the zombies are gone.

Poor writing here. Zombies don't leave they continue to pound on the door until more zombies show up, and more keep piling up.

Pretty lame.

Unless they are attracted or distracted by something else that is.

Pretty lame.

Yeah, but when the group got split into two rooms in episode one I don't think there was anything to pull the zombies away. They were in a empty cell block run over by zombies. And then when they were in the cafeteria there was only one zombie when they opened the door. I felt it was lazy writing, and something more exciting could have happened.

Edited by Gsims718

Pretty lame.

Yeah, but when the group got split into two rooms in episode one I don't think there was anything to pull the zombies away. They were in a empty cell block run over by zombies. And then when they were in the cafeteria there was only one zombie when they opened the door. I felt it was lazy writing, and something more exciting could have happened.

I think your expectations are too high. Remember, this story is based off a comic book. Get me a real zombie and then we'll talk. Until then, this is a work of fiction, and continues to remain so.

Edited by Phillip

watching Ep #2 right now, something occured to me.

Tomas reaches for his gun after finding out that Hershel was "bit"

why would he react like that since they had "no idea" what was going on outside of the cafeteria?

That's not entirely the case.

Tomas had no idea what was happening outside of the prison, not the cafeteria.

He mentioned what happened inside the prison and how people got bit and attacked other people.

Being that a guard gave him the gun I think things got pretty fudged up inside and he saw it all go down.

watching Ep #2 right now, something occured to me.

Tomas reaches for his gun after finding out that Hershel was "bit"

why would he react like that since they had "no idea" what was going on outside of the cafeteria?

That's not entirely the case.

Tomas had no idea what was happening outside of the prison, not the cafeteria.

He mentioned what happened inside the prison and how people got bit and attacked other people.

Being that a guard gave him the gun I think things got pretty fudged up inside and he saw it all go down.

that does make sense

hate to question the obvious here, but HOW THE F are people driving late model cars when the world has been zombieville for the last at least 2-3 years?!?!?

gotta love stupid product placement..

phil....the site i gave you before will work after the episode is over, it loops it again right after...so hold tight for another 20 min

Edited by Jerry S