• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Well here is the thing with that... It is the closest thing we get to comics on TV aside from maybe Toy Hunter... So we almost have to watch it?!? Anyways sometimes I watch shows purely to complain.

I myself do not watch Jersey Shore or any of that other reality garbage but from what I understand is the reason people watch it is to make fun of it?

Well here is the thing with that... It is the closest thing we get to comics on TV aside from maybe Toy Hunter... So we almost have to watch it?!? Anyways sometimes I watch shows purely to complain.

I myself do not watch Jersey Shore or any of that other reality garbage but from what I understand is the reason people watch it is to make fun of it?

I'll take the bait on this.

I watch Jersey Shore. Not because I'm infatuated with drama and Guidos, but because its hilariously entertaining. I watch TV for entertainment. It fits.

Oh, and

I'm pleasantly surprised with how

Woodbury

turned out set-design wise!

Not a set. It's the town of Senoia. Just about 15 minutes from my house. They didn't do much other than put up some signs and the blockades.

I'll take the bait on this.

I watch Jersey Shore. Not because I'm infatuated with drama and Guidos, but because its hilariously entertaining. I watch TV for entertainment. It fits.

You obviously watch it for the juice-head gorillas.

I gotta see the last one. Paula is kinda hot in that skanky-hot way.

Edited by 400yrs

I for one can't wait to see how they play out Daryl and Merle finally meeting again.

I want some balls out Greek-level tragedy. I want Darryl to be forced to kill his own brother in order to save the group.

I put these in spoiler tags intentionally to off the people that don't like spoiler tags. lol

Oh, and

I'm pleasantly surprised with how

Woodbury

turned out set-design wise!

Not a set. It's the town of Senoia. Just about 15 minutes from my house. They didn't do much other than put up some signs and the blockades.

I knew about that and that its a real street in Senoia, but wasn't sure just how much they touched up signage wise and what not.

Def looks like a quaint little town nonetheless, and I'm super jealous of you, I would've been there every single day trying to catch glimpses of the filming. I did follow a few blogs though of people doing just that and posting the pics.

Watching the episode for the 3rd time tonight. 9:00, 10:00 and midnight on AMC, god I love this show but I probably need a life.

Jim

If you would just watch Game of Thrones you would be begging God over and over why this show wasn't created from a comic book that you could get your 9.8 hands on.

Just imagine what if Walking Dead the comic book was as solid after issue 48? Game of Thrones is that good throughout. :baiting:

If I had to pick one show over the other Walking Dead would in fact be dead to me. :ohnoez:

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

phil..come on man...you cant lurk the TV sub thread and not expect spoilers..

i hate to say it..but i am firmly entrenched in the :shrug: camp for people who complain about spoilers in the TV thread!

Really? Do the same general rules that comics have to hide spoilers for the first 3 or so days not apply to a show?

I was lurking for info about it, not spoilers. And you're right about the website. Re-watching it again, hoping it does't out like last time. :wishluck:

It has been clearly posted before in this thread that live discussion as the show is going on is allowed and spoiler tags are only needed for upcoming episodes and leaked info.

Hence this is the official discussion thread, not the official 3 days after the fact discussion thread. Anyone who comes in here before watching the most current episode not expecting us to be discussing it is just asking for trouble. There isn't gonna be a single online forum that has an official discussion board for this show that doesn't have everyone discussing the most current episode.

About the cars, the zombie outbreak is only roughly 1 year into the whole thing at this point in the show based on the timeline as I understand it. Now when everyone starts rocking iPhone 5s and Windows 8 tablets we will have an issue with product placement. :insane:

This.

This is exactly my point and I'm really confused about why no one is understanding me.

When a new issue of the comic is released, the generally common courtesy of members (most of them) that post in the "Official Walking Dead Comic" thread, hide spoilers for a few days out of respect for other posters. Why this isn't translated into the t.v. thread with the same courtesy is confusing to me.

If you look back at the conversation, I HAD been watching the episode, and then I had problems viewing it. I came on the boards and was given a helpful answer by another board member, and nested right below it was a nice big spoiler; which is conveniently deleted now and offers me a little reassurance in my stance.

Because the other thread isn't just about the comic. People post original art, talk about eBay sales, variant covers, etc... There are reasons people click on that thread besides the comic book story. The OCD that they are going to miss some tip for a WD investment causes them to click on the thread before they read the newest issue and demand spolier tags. So we accommodate them and use spolier tags.

This thread is just about the TV show. It's exactly where people should be discussing it after it airs. 2c Honestly, what did you expect people to be talking about on Sunday night right after it airs?

My friend never ask a common sense question to obviously stupid people.

For a normal person such as yourself it will just make your head hurt. :sorry:

i hate to say it..but i am firmly entrenched in the :shrug: camp for people who complain about spoilers in the TV thread!

Really? Do the same general rules that comics have to hide spoilers for the first 3 or so days not apply to a show?

I was lurking for info about it, not spoilers. And you're right about the website. Re-watching it again, hoping it does't out like last time. :wishluck:

It has been clearly posted before in this thread that live discussion as the show is going on is allowed and spoiler tags are only needed for upcoming episodes and leaked info.

Hence this is the official discussion thread, not the official 3 days after the fact discussion thread. Anyone who comes in here before watching the most current episode not expecting us to be discussing it is just asking for trouble. There isn't gonna be a single online forum that has an official discussion board for this show that doesn't have everyone discussing the most current episode.

About the cars, the zombie outbreak is only roughly 1 year into the whole thing at this point in the show based on the timeline as I understand it. Now when everyone starts rocking iPhone 5s and Windows 8 tablets we will have an issue with product placement. :insane:

This.

This is exactly my point and I'm really confused about why no one is understanding me.

When a new issue of the comic is released, the generally common courtesy of members (most of them) that post in the "Official Walking Dead Comic" thread, hide spoilers for a few days out of respect for other posters. Why this isn't translated into the t.v. thread with the same courtesy is confusing to me.

If you look back at the conversation, I HAD been watching the episode, and then I had problems viewing it. I came on the boards and was given a helpful answer by another board member, and nested right below it was a nice big spoiler; which is conveniently deleted now and offers me a little reassurance in my stance.

Because the other thread isn't just about the comic. People post original art, talk about eBay sales, variant covers, etc... There are reasons people click on that thread besides the comic book story. The OCD that they are going to miss some tip for a WD investment causes them to click on the thread before they read the newest issue and demand spolier tags. So we accommodate them and use spolier tags.

This thread is just about the TV show. It's exactly where people should be discussing it after it airs. 2c Honestly, what did you expect people to be talking about on Sunday night right after it airs?

I don't understand the point of comments like this. (shrug)

Get a life, Pal.

This.

Get a life, Pal.

Considering you are from Boston (supposed educated city) why is something so basic and a 1st grader can grasp are you having such problems?

Bare with me here......

I know this is a crazy concept to understand but holy spoon this thread is called (take notes) TWD TV SHOW--Official Discussion Thread.

It is crazy complicated subject to grasp so I feel your confusion, but just know the basic 101 formula here is people log onto this wonderful website from their computers at home to post/communicate about this TV show called The Walking Dead. It airs every Sunday night at 9:00 pm EST on AMC.

Here is where you really need to pay attention..... :news:

After boardies watch that episode they love to log on to this website then click back to this thread (TWD TV SHOW--Official Discussion Thread-remember your notes) and give their opinions and discuss this weeks episode.

Here is how SOT figured out a away to beat this complicated equation and not be dumbfounded by those unmerciful spoilers. :fear:

I had three really and I mean 3 really hard problems to solve to figure out how I can not since I live on the West Coast.

#1 I could watch the episode at 6pm my time which is on par with my fellow east coast walking dead fans then log-on to join the fun.

#2 I could just wait till 9pm my time and bravely not log-on here. I know I know not logging onto to this thread for those 3 hours in-between takes immense strength and self-control.

#3 Just wait till I watch the episode then log on to discuss

OMG its just like the Pythagorean theorem maybe all three have a hidden similar answer to them. hm

:o Great Scott! I could just not log onto the internet till I've had time to watch the episode!

Hallelujah.jpg

BTW: Please don't tell me your the same guy that records a sports game because you had to work then complains you watched ESPN and they spoiled your game for you are yea?

Actually wait please don't reply.

Moral of the story here is obviously have some freakin common sense and know after the episode airs spoiler alerts are not warranted what so ever anymore.

If you haven't watched the episode have some basic teenage self control and do not log onto any website that might give away the details of the show till you have had time to watch it on your on time.

The following announcement has been paid for by the NewWorldOrder.

i wish they'd take comic book men off the air. it really sucks and interrupts the flow of WD Night

+1

I wish comic book men talked more about comic books. I thought I was watching without the stunts.

My 2c

Season one had a lot more comic books. This season two stuff is just fruity... I honestly can not stand Walt and the only thing keeping the show going is Keven Smith's name being attached.

Last season we got great content like Jason Mewe's coming in a messing stuff up. This season we get a 5 year old's party that makes me cringe that they are in a comic shop destroying books...

Bare with me because I know this is a crazy notion. What if you guys just didn't watch it?

No need to drop the hate... we watch it b/c we thought it is supposed to be about "COMICS." Bait and switch.

i wish they'd take comic book men off the air. it really sucks and interrupts the flow of WD Night

+1

I wish comic book men talked more about comic books. I thought I was watching without the stunts.

My 2c

Season one had a lot more comic books. This season two stuff is just fruity... I honestly can not stand Walt and the only thing keeping the show going is Keven Smith's name being attached.

Last season we got great content like Jason Mewe's coming in a messing stuff up. This season we get a 5 year old's party that makes me cringe that they are in a comic shop destroying books...

Bare with me because I know this is a crazy notion. What if you guys just didn't watch it?

I feel that if I miss the show once, it would be the only time something good happens!

Watching the episode for the 3rd time tonight. 9:00, 10:00 and midnight on AMC, god I love this show but I probably need a life.

Jim

If you would just watch Game of Thrones you would be begging God over and over why this show wasn't created from a comic book that you could get your 9.8 hands on.

Just imagine what if Walking Dead the comic book was as solid after issue 48? Game of Thrones is that good throughout. :baiting:

If I had to pick one show over the other Walking Dead would in fact be dead to me. :ohnoez:

GOT is better than TWD. So what? I can still enjoy TWD.

This.

Get a life, Pal.

Considering you are from Boston (supposed educated city) why is something so basic and a 1st grader can grasp are you having such problems?

Bare with me here......

I know this is a crazy concept to understand but holy spoon this thread is called (take notes) TWD TV SHOW--Official Discussion Thread.

It is crazy complicated subject to grasp so I feel your confusion, but just know the basic 101 formula here is people log onto this wonderful website from their computers at home to post/communicate about this TV show called The Walking Dead. It airs every Sunday night at 9:00 pm EST on AMC.

Here is where you really need to pay attention..... :news:

After boardies watch that episode they love to log on to this website then click back to this thread (TWD TV SHOW--Official Discussion Thread-remember your notes) and give their opinions and discuss this weeks episode.

Here is how SOT figured out a away to beat this complicated equation and not be dumbfounded by those unmerciful spoilers. :fear:

I had three really and I mean 3 really hard problems to solve to figure out how I can not since I live on the West Coast.

#1 I could watch the episode at 6pm my time which is on par with my fellow east coast walking dead fans then log-on to join the fun.

#2 I could just wait till 9pm my time and bravely not log-on here. I know I know not logging onto to this thread for those 3 hours in-between takes immense strength and self-control.

#3 Just wait till I watch the episode then log on to discuss

OMG its just like the Pythagorean theorem maybe all three have a hidden similar answer to them. hm

:o Great Scott! I could just not log onto the internet till I've had time to watch the episode!

Hallelujah.jpg

BTW: Please don't tell me your the same guy that records a sports game because you had to work then complains you watched ESPN and they spoiled your game for you are yea?

Actually wait please don't reply.

Thanks for the essay that nobody wants to read.

:blahblah:

You clearly have problems and should continue your search looking for a life.

P.s.

I don't watch sports.

Edited by Phillip

Bare with me here......

Rules of Internet Flaming 101:

1.) When questioning another poster's education, intelligence, or mental capacity it is best to not (especially in the very next sentence) use a comically and blatantly incorrect word to express oneself.

2.) "Bare with me" is an invitation to get naked. Unless that is what you intended to request please refer to Rule #1.